Chapter 7-Are they Delia Smith Pancakes?

Phil's POV
"Thank you Philly" Dan said to me. He moved closer and snuggled up next to me. I debated wether I should push him away or not, but he had gone quiet.

"Dan?" I whispered, but got no answer. He must've fallen asleep. I looked at Dan in the darkness. His eyes were closed and he seemed calm. His brown hair was covering his eyes slightly. I then smiled at him, and put my arm around him in a comforting way, trying very hard not to him. I then found myself falling into a deep sleep as darkness took over me...

(The Next Morning)
I could feel the morning sun on my face as I opened my eyes. The morning sun had lit up my room and I had to use my hand to shield my eyes from it. I turned my head and found Dan still asleep beside me, the sun on him. I wondered how it hadn't woke him up and that it wasn't bothering him. I smiled to myself and went to sit up, but I couldn't. I looked down and found my arm underneath him and his arms were around me like he had been hugging me as if I was a teddy bear. I pulled out my arm from underneath him and slowly moved his arms out of the way and climbed out of the bed. I put the covers back over Dan and then tiptoed out of the bedroom and down the stairs to the kitchen. When I got there, I found Chris and Pj sitting on the lounge in deep conversation, and they looked up at me when my foot made the floorboard creak.

"Oh Phil, we didn't hear you coming. Did you just wake up?" Pj asked.

"Yeah, I did. Dan's still sleeping" I replied.

"Speaking of which, why was he in your bed this morning?" Chris questioned, raising his eyebrows at me as he pulled a silly face. Pj stood looked at me curiously and smirked.

"Oh um, Dan had a bad dream and he was telling me about it and we kinda fell asleep" I answered, hoping that it convinced him. I don't want them getting the wrong idea. I mean, do they really think that I secretly did that with my best friend?

"Fine, we believe you" Pj said, and I felt relived. Chris suddenly whispered something to Pj, and they walked outside to continue their conversation, leaving me alone. I shrugged as I sighed to myself and then headed over to the kitchen and started making breakfast, well, more like brunch. He was still in his pyjamas and his hair was slightly curly.

"Hey" He greeted me, in a sleepy tone.

"Hey" I responded. "I'm making pancakes for breakfast, I hope you don't mind."

"Pancakes are fine with me. Are they Delia Smith pancakes?"

"Yes they are Dan. There are no better pancakes than Delia Smith pancakes." I tried to sound serious, but I soon started laughing along with Dan.

"Oh by the way, please ignore the state of my hair, it's my hobbit hair and I hate it." He informed.

"I like it. I've never seen you with curly hair, it suits you." I responded and for a moment, he blushed. We then started making the pancakes together and took turns flipping them. Dan did the flour and eggs and poured the milk and water into the bowl as I whisked them all together. We then melted the butter and added it in.

After adding in all the ingredients, we put in some of the mixture into the pan and flipped them when they were ready. One by one, we made pancake after pancake until there wasn't any mixture left.

"Okay, I'm gonna flip it" Dan said and I carefully handed the pan to him. "Don't worry it'll be fine." I watched nervously as the pancake flew up into the air and sighed in relief and placed my hand over my heart as it landed back in the pan.

"My turn" I announced taking the pan from him. I counted to three in my head as flipped the pancake up into the air and watched it land in the pan.