Chapter 13- Encourging Words for Deep Confessions

Phil's POV
The weekend has come by in a flash, and I was now setting up for my first YouTube video. I was nervous to say the least, but Dan kept telling me that I was going to be fine. As for school life, things were normal, kind of. There were still confrontations, YouTube talk, vomiting in a toilet and trying to speak to a mirror, but life was still great.

Dan was sitting on my bed with his legs crossed, as I went through all of my clothes, questioning if it was suitable enough. I kept showing them to Dan, but he told me that anything would look great on me, and that it could work for a first video. I was clearly stressed out (Ayy..TØP). Dan sighed as he climbed off the bed and pulled out a simple shirt, jacket and paid of black jeans from my drawers and wardrobe, and then dumped them on my bed.

"Thanks" I responded, and Dan quickly left the room as that I could get changed. I suddenly could hear talking in the hallway, and I quietly eavesdropped on what was being said.

"Is Phil getting ready or the YouTube video?" Martyn asked.

"Yeah, he is. He seems really nervous about it. We spent ages trying to set up and pick out clothes, we even did a bit of cleaning" Dan replied. "But it is his first video, so he has every right to be nervous."

"That's true. Anyway, your Mum called the house phone since you wouldn't pick up, she needs to talk to you" Martyn informed Dan.

"Okay, I'll call her back when Phil's filming, so that it doesn't get in the way when we're hanging out after the video" Dan decided, and then thanked Martyn for telling him. I could hear Martyn's footsteps, followed by a door shutting, and then a knock on my bedroom door.

"Phil, can I come in?" Dan asked, and I said that he could. Dan then opened the door and told me that his Mum called and he had to ring her back.

"Ready?" He asked me, and I nodded my head. I turned around and sat in front of the camera as Dan quickly grabbed his phone, gave me a quick hug for luck, and then left the room. I was now alone. I reached out and turned on the camera, and began talking.

"Hey I'm Phil and welcome to my first video vlog which I hope y'all very excited to be a part of" I said, trying to sound as confident as I could. I slowly got the hang of it, as I grew more nervous every time I tried to think of something to say, since I had no idea of how to edit this video. I was really happy when I managed to show off my little lion, since lions are amazing. The video eventually came to an end, and I felt very proud of myself.

"Have a good Easter, incase we don't speak again, even though you're not really talking to me, but nevermind" I finished up, and then turned off the camera. I lay down on the carpet as I take in everything that just happened. I then sat up and connected the camera to my laptop, and within a few minutes, exported the video and posted it to YouTube, after watching it over a few times. Dan came in as the video was exporting, and I quickly showed it to him, feeling really happy when he gave me the thumbs up.

"So what did your Mum want?" I asked him.

"She said that she had worked out what she wanted to do, and that she wants to meet up with me to talk about it. She didn't say what, because she wants to tell me that in person" Dan answered.

"When are you meeting up with her?"

"Tomorrow at one, since she knows that I won't be up before ten. She said that you can come too if you want."

"Okay, I'll tag along. Maybe I could help."

"You've already helped Phil. You've helped us a lot, more than you realise."
*
*
*
The next morning, I opened my eyes to find my arms around Dan, my hands touching his bare skin. He was topless, and I gulped when I realised that his arms were around me too. His presence was warm and inviting.