Clover Town Part Two

*Renesamae PoV*

After walking for about an hour we still haven't found a thing. Maybe we were wrong about Clover Town.

"My feet huuuurt~" Evergreen groaned behind me.

I rolled my eyes. "Want me to carry you?" I said jokingly.

"Ha ha Rene. Very funny. But can't we take a break? I mean clearly we chose the wrong town so there's no use searching anymore."

"I guess we can take a short break...look, there's a fallen tree over there we can sit on." I pointed ahead of us.

We went and sat down, I yawned a little and Ever stretched.

"I wonder if the boys are having any luck." Ever said.

She stood up and walked over to a rose bush. "Well isn't this a random thing? Pretty tho. Do you like roses Rene?"

"I used too. I used to love them." I looked down.

"Oh and why don't you like them anymore?" She asked.

I would have replied but there was a hand covering my mouth. "Mmmf!!? Mmrbmm!?"

Evergreen quickly turned to me and a tall man in a dark purple robe with a hood loomed over me with a dagger at my throat.

"Let her go!!" Evergreen said getting into a fighting stance.

The man(I assume) said nothing. He pressed the dagger into my skin lightly, possibly to get the point across. The point being he was willing to slit my throat without hesitation.

I let out a scream, not because it hurt, more to try and signal the boys that there was trouble.

"Stop it!" Ever clenched her fists.

Four other people in the same robes walked out. They all had the same symbol on their robes. A scale with two squiggly lines on either side.

I bit the guys hand, he didn't flinch. He cut my cheek with the dagger as a warning. At that point, I set myself on fire. This time he let go, I immediately ran to Evergreens side. Six other people in hoods stepped out.

"Rene you're bleeding!" Ever said.

"I'm fine, we need to find the others."

Evergreen nodded. "I'd turn these bastards to stone but those ugly hoods cover their eyes.."

"Damn...should we fight or run?" Eight other hooded figures stepped out.

This time they all began to chant in unison; " Lord of the land, Lord of the sky, Lady of the night, Mistress of time, We offer these sacrifices to ease your anger. Give us strength to eliminate the weak. Sacrifice is pure. Sacrifice is right."

"I have a bad feeling about this Rene!"

The hooded figures moved forward saying; " Sacrifice is pure, Sacrifice is right." Over and over.

"What the hell is going on!?" I yelled. The hooded figures kept getting closer. I grabbed Evergreens hand and I started to run. "We don't have a choice right now we need to warn the others of these psychopaths!"

We ran, but the hooded creeps followed us. I shot fire into the sky hoping as a last resort maybe one of the guys saw.

*Freed PoV*

"Laxus, look. Is that fire?" I asked Laxus pointing in the sky.

"Crap. The girls must be in trouble, I thought I heard a scream earlier. Freed can you teleport yourself closer to their location? Me and Bickslow will run." He replied.