The Bitch

"You're not just going to sit there, are you?" Gerard asks Frank after what feels like a few hours. In reality, it's probably been about twenty minutes, but Gerard considers every minute with Frank an arduous lifetime of torture. Well, actually, he kind of likes just having Frank there, sitting in that stool against the counter, because it makes Gerard less lonely. He never really has company, and it helps that the company he now keeps looks like that. Frank's got a nice face.

"Why? Is it annoying you?"

"Yes," Gerard replies.

"Then I sure as hell will stay here," Frank says. Despite the revelations, the air doesn't seem to have changed much between them. Gerard still hates Frank. He still likes Frank. He still finds Frank hot, and he's still falling for him. Not much has changed, he just feels insanely guilty because he's been blaming Frank for something he didn't do for almost his entire life.

"This changes nothing, you know," Gerard says.

"No, it certainly does not," Frank says, looking sad about something. Gerard looks at him quizzically, but doesn't know what to say in response so he just scowls.

"I'm going to make some coffee," Gerard says, as an excuse to stop having to look at Frank. He turns and grabs the mug of untouched coffee he made earlier, pouring it into the sink because it's ice cold by now.

"Can I have some?"

"Ugh, will you leave after I make it?" Gerard asks, turning to look at him.

Frank shrugs, "I might."

"I want a yes or no," Gerard says.

"I've got a gig tonight, I've got to kill some time until then. You just might have to put up with me for a while," Frank says.

"Jeez, you never fucking work!" Gerard says emphatically, "I mean, the money must be fucking great if you can afford that place you live in and still buy food. Look at this hellhole, I barely make enough to stay here."

"And you're not going to make any more than me if you don't have a job," Frank says. "I'm not the one who chose that apartment though, I just didn't want to move out."

"Well then who did?" Gerard asks, pouring water into the coffee maker that he really couldn't afford buying in the first place, but there are some luxuries in this world that Gerard just can't live without. Coffee is one of those luxuries. Also name brand toilet paper.

"No one," Frank shrugs, "It's not important."

"Way to deflect any curiosity," Gerard says, shaking his head. Gerard takes the cheap apartment route in most of his endeavors, because than you can always buy more pointless things like DVD's that will sit on your shelf for years, only being watched when you can't find something on TV. Mikey's always really annoying when he comes over and Gerard tries channel surfing, because Gerard will groan about there being nothing on and Mikey will combat that with something like 'there's lots of things on Gerard, you just don't want to watch any of them.'

"You're apartment is a piece of crap," Frank says, "I feel like I'm in the home of a heroin addict."

"No heroin addicts here, just a man mildly dependent on coffee," Gerard says.

"Same," Frank nods, and Gerard turns back to him while the coffee maker starts percolating with a purring sound. It's not a particularly nice model, but it's cheaper than buying coffee, and it's less work. It also makes the apartment smell like coffee which is the biggest bonus.

"Ugh, don't say that. I don't want to know any of the similarities you and I have. What I like to assume is that we are two different species. We are basically. You're an idiot who can only spew off boring idiotic shit, while I am the dramatic opposite."