Yet Another Chapter in Two Parts: Part Two

Start from the beginning

Frank repeats his words, "I'll prove you wrong."

Gerard is in the middle of rolling his eyes, and turning his head to look at Frank with irritation when it happens.

Gerard's mouth is just minding its own business, trying to come up with something mean to say to Frank when all of a sudden Frank actually is kissing him. With his mouth. On top of Gerard's mouth. So that they're touching. Each other's. Mouths. With their mouths.

"Oh god, gross!" Gerard exclaims, pushing Frank off a second later. "Jesus fucking Christ! That was disgusting!"

"You're really not that great a kisser," Frank says.

"You- I- what... just happened?" Gerard shouts, a little too loudly considering Mikey's asleep right next to them.

"Oh grow up! It was just a kiss. We didn't fuck or anything. It's not like that's a big deal or anything."

"What is going on?"

"I proved you wrong. You're really not that great a kisser," Frank says.

"Yeah, well, you did catch me by surprise, didn't you?" Gerard says, "I mean, I'd have been better if you'd given me some warning or something."

"Alright, fine," Frank says, grabbing Gerard by the back of his hair and pulling him closer. "I'm giving you a warning this time, got it?"

"You're gonna-" Gerard is about to ask Frank why he's doing it again when he's cut off, because Frank does it again.

Gerard's thought process goes a little something like this: "Fuck, again? Seriously? We're doing this again? Frank, you're a fucking fuckhead and I hate you. I'm kissing Frank. Ew. It's kind of nice. What? Oh god, it's a good thing he can't hear what I'm thinking right now. Thank fucking god. That would be bad. It is kind of nice though. Frank's a good kisser. Very nice kisser. Really nice lips. Soft. Shut up, Gerard! This is Frank, you can't like kissing him. Jeez, it's been a while since we started kissing, hasn't it? Why am I still kissing him? Why am I allowing this to happen? What on earth is going on right now? What point was I trying to prove that involves kissing Frank? Fuck it. If I'm gonna kiss him, I'm gonna fucking go for it."

So Gerard, being the smart cookie that he is, decides that he is going to really go for it.

He grabs the sides of Frank's face, even though logic and reason are screaming at him not to, and he attempts to make Frank forget what they were talking about. In that attempt however, Gerard himself gets a little bit lost.

Frank's hair is really soft. And so are his lips. And he's a good kisser. So is Gerard of course, he's a good kisser, but he's meant to be proving that point. It does help if the person you're proving your point on is also a really good kisser. And he is.

He decides to treat this kiss like it's not his arch nemesis he's kissing. It makes it easier to focus on the matter at hand if he's not trying to hypothesize the best way to murder the guy he's kissing. That just makes everything kind of awkward.

Except in doing so, Gerard's only choice is to treat this kiss like he's kissing Frank. Not the guy he hates, Frank, but rather the guy who he used to play five hour games of Go Fish with. The guy who everyone thought he was going to marry someday. He has to picture Frank as being his best friend, that guy, because it doesn't work any other way. He's still that really attractive guy in the band with the big secret that's made his mother so disappointed in him, but he's also the guy that always ate Skittles in even numbers. The guy who really liked to watch the washing machine cycle for no good reason. Pretending that he and Frank have been friends all these years isn't as hard as Gerard would have liked to believe. It's actually kind of easy to picture him and Frank as friends.