Chapter 1: An Unexpected Encounter

Start from the beginning

She grinned. "You guys are the best," she said, and we all laughed softly.

"Yeah, we know," I joked.

Hermione gasped, looking out the window. "Guys, I see the black lake" she started, "We need to go change into our robes."

I stood up. "Merlin, where did the time go!" I exclaimed, and reached for my trunk, "Let's go, Mione."

She grabbed her own robes out of her bags, and followed me out of the compartment. As we went by the different cars, we waved to all our Gryffindor friends, and even some of the Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs we remembered.

I smiled to myself as I received a few compliments on my new hair from some girls and guys, and Hermione smirked. "And you were worried for nothing," she mumbled to me as we reached the compartment with the two bathrooms.

"Do you want to go first?" I asked her, and she shook her head.

"You go," she insisted, gesturing to the bathroom door.

I nodded, and entered the small compartment bathroom. I had bought brand new robes in Diagon alley with Hermione after I had dyed my hair, and I was excited to try them on. Hermione always hated shopping, but what can I say. When you grow up with six brothers, hair, makeup, and clothes was my only solace sometimes.

I pulled on one of my new robes, and smiled as I saw that they fit great. The inside of the collar was gold for Gryffindor, and if I rolled up the sleeves a little bit it showed off the thick gold stitching.

I sighed happily, and grabbed my bag. I pulled the door open, and Hermione almost fell into me. I laughed softly as she stumbled back, but I held her up. "That's what you get for leaning against a door," I joked.

"I guess so," she replied, slightly embarrassed.

"Here," I said, holding the door open, "I'll wait till you're done."

She nodded in thanks, and closed the door behind her. I did not lean on the door, but against the window on the wall near it.

I watched out the window, and I could see Hogwarts in the distance. I smiled. My second home, I thought to myself, welcome back, Gin.

"Hey there," a guy's voice called from near me, startling me.

I spun around. A tall guy, with pale skin and white hair to match was standing there in a doorway, looking down at me. It was Draco Malfoy, I could recognize him anywhere.

Oh Merlin, I thought, thinking back to all the times Hermione had complained about him. She told me she had punched him in her third year once, and I remember that story cracks me up every time.

"I'm Draco," he continued, and took a few steps toward me.

"I know who you are," I said, trying not to sound too disgusted.

He took another step toward me. He was only about a foot away from me now, and I couldn't back away because I was up against the wall behind me.

He smiled. "So you've heard of me," he whispered, "And you are?"

I scoffed as he put a hand up and put some of my hair behind my ear. "Really?" I asked in disbelief.

But the again, why would he know me; the last time I spoke to him was what, second year? And I was a year below him, but not anymore, we were both sevenths. Especially now that I had brown hair, he couldn't tell I was me just by my appearance.

"Yeah," he admitted, " But you'd think I'd recognize a girl like you. Has anyone ever told you that your eyes are hypnotizing?"

"My eyes," I repeated, dumbfounded.

Not So Ridiculous On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara