Ch.12: Pull the Trigger

Start from the beginning

With his mind made up Ace pulls on a shirt and tugs pants up his legs, not even bothering with boxers. Then he shoves the clothes out of his way in his closet and pulls out a shoebox. Once he pulls the top lid off of the box he pulls the blank loose leaf papers out to stare at what lies at the bottom of the box.

A sleek black handgun that only weighs a few ounces. He checks to make sure the bullets are fine only to remember he only had one bullet to begin with. One bullet to kill himself when he was fifteen. Well, this just complicates things. Ace isn't skilled with a gun so he can't manage to kill both his parents with one bullet. He'll have to improvise.

He takes a deep breath before standing up and kicking the now empty box back into his closet. He walks over to Maiz's crib and kisses her on the forehead before watching the two week old baby sleep.

"This is for the both of us, Maiz," Ace says to the sleeping child. "Travis will never be a father to either of us, it's better to just rid the world of him now before he tries anything else stupid. Someday I'll tell you all about him, how he tried to have you drowned. I don't want that to happen to anyone else, Maiz, so I'm getting rid of him. Bree too. Bree is a terrible mother, she doesn't even act like a mother. I do have to thank her for keeping me though, she could have gotten rid of me like she did my other siblings," Ace mutters. "I'll come back for you, Maiz, then we'll go someplace better. A place you can actually call home and grow up the right way,"

Ace is taking a big leap of faith in thinking that Hell would be an ideal place for Maiz to grow up. Ace doesn't know anything about Hell since Lucifer told him the Bible is wrong. All he has to go by is Lucifer's word and his dreams, which his dreams were only of the damned and wasn't all that pretty looking.

He shakes his head and tightens his grip on the gun before stepping out his room, lightning flashing and lighting up his way through the hallway.

"Well," Ace says out loud. "What a cliché," He shakes his head as he walks down the stairs. "It's raining out and I'm about to kill my parents. Huh, maybe I'm not all that different from other people,"

Ace can hear Bree in the kitchen while Travis sits in the living room watching the T.V.

Who should I kill first? Ace thinks to himself. I guess Bree should get the bullet, she wasn't as stupid as Travis was.

Ace walks to the doorway of the kitchen and watches Bree move around cooking something on the stove. For some reason Lucifer comes to Ace's mind. Ace should tell Lucifer his plans to kill Travis and Bree. Ace knows Lucifer doesn't like them either so he shouldn't have too big of a problem with Ace killing them.

"Lucifer," Ace says inside his head. "I have no idea if you can hear me or not, but if you can, I wanted to let you know that I am about to kill Bree,"

Ace waits a moment to see if Lucifer will respond but nothing comes. He takes a deep breath and raises the gun to point it at Bree's back as she faces the stove.

"You will be called a murderer by society, Ace Nova Williams," Ace jumps as Lucifer's voice fills his head.

Ace clutches the gun tighter. "I don't care, Lucifer, Bree does not deserve to live. You know how she lives her life. She sells her body for money, gives her children up for adoption, and the other children she aborts. She has nothing going for her anyway,"

"And what about Travis? Do you plan to kill him too?"

"Yes?" One simple word. Yes. Travis deserves to die just like Bree.

"Do you wish me to stop you, Ace? Is that why you are telling me this?"

"If you try to stop me I'll be pissed, Lucifer," Ace says honestly. "No, I just felt like you would want to know. After all, wouldn't killing both my parents in cold blood send me to Hell?"