Chapter 31: Speed

Those who are part of the Percy Jackson fandom, enjoy~
But if not, then, read on while playing this video :>

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

[Blackstar's POV]

I didn't want to pull away.

And it seems like she didn't, too.

I attempted to pull away since a psychotic redhead is just right behind me, ready to kill us. But (y/n) had her arms around my neck and her lips---they make me crazy.

Did I mention I did this to pass strength, too ?

Lacking air, she pulled away, panting heavily. I'd have to admit I was, too. Yeesh.

"I wasn't going to fight with you," She mumbled, before giving me a grin. "I changed my mind. You're not going to fight alone for my safety like your sister did, we're fighting together."

I was still in a slight daze.

…Hey, a princess just made out with me. You'd be in shock too if I, the great Blackstar, made out with you.

"…Blackstar ?"

I blinked. "O-oh, uhm," I looked down at my hand. Luckily my shadow katana was still there…

"Fine. This would be the only time I'd let you fight with me. But if somehow, by any chance…" I stood up, and held out a hand to her.

"…Just in case something happens to me---o-or to you… I'd want you to know…"

"Know what ?" She said as she took my hand, and pulled herself up to her feet.

"I---"

No.

…Not today.

This isn't the sweetest setting yet… Plus, it might just distract her.

"…I want you to know I had a great time being your knight."

(y/n) summoned a circle, and created herself a sword. Then, she smiled brightly. "The feeling's mutual."

"Ah, you guys are annoying with all that sweet shit." Fleitte grumbled in annoyance. "But sure. Take your time. Think of it as your last words."

"Fuck you." I mumbled, then ran at him, sword raised. Fleitte only laughed. "Your passed strength won't last too long. Come on, you still have about two spells protecting you. It still drains her."

"You don't control my body !" (y/n) yelled, using her sword and throwing it at the redhead, who only dodged.

"Hah ! You can't even throw accura---"

…Wow. Is she a princess or a huntress in disguise ?

One arrow went through his leg. The other barely, barely missed his neck. Another went in through his shoulder.

"I never liked swords. It's tiring. You can shoot at someone even with your ass rooted to the ground, and I excel in that."

…Nope. She's a huntress in disguise. Please don't be mislead.

Fleitte flinched in pain, of course. But that grin stayed plastered in his lips. "Right… You do archery… Well," He turned to his shoulder, and casually pulled out the arrow.

…The wound glowed and it healed.

"What the hell ?" I gripped my sword even tighter. How would you defeat a person you can't even cut ?

"I absorbed a lot of powers that night." He grinned, and the wound from his leg glowed.

"Including your nurse's of course."

"You're getting in my nerves." I grumble, and used speed star to make my way to him. The Athena spell made lines around him glow, but it didn't seem like he was planning to attack…

He wasn't. He planned to dodge.

Well, I'll attack with something you can't dodge !

"You know, we sorcerers have the upperhand." Fleitte sidestepped and dodged my rapid attacks. "Using magic tires you out. Using magic… It pushes you to your limits. Some get pushed over the edge and lose their sanity."

My skin was crawling. I can feel the shadow patterns crawl around my arms. It strengthened and sped up my attacks…

"You still have your limits."

I tensed slightly, but I hid it. Only, it slowed me down. Fleitte noticed that.

"Be one of us, Blackstar." He said tauntingly, his hand glowing black. "I might just spare your life if you do."

"I'd rather die than to be a desperate fuck." I mumbled, letting out a battle cry as I swung down hard under him. The Hestia spell kept me warm, but the snow under my feet made it hard to move. It crunched, plus, It was close contact. I can feel its cold.

"Well then," He stared down at me. More arrows rained down on him, but by now they shattered as he healed. I can hear (y/n) screaming from behind me, but I can't understand her words. I can hear how my blood rushed, and it blocked her words.

"Trap"

What trap ?

"Good Night." He grinned, and before I even knew it, his hand was placed against my chest. His hand was cold… But the Hestia spell…

"BLACKSTAR !"

There was a small explosion of white in front of me. Sharp cold went straight through my chest. Pain seared from it as I was sent flying… And I hit my back against the castle's balcony.

My heart skipped a beat. And skipped another.

…Ice. It was ice.

"No. No…" That's (y/n)'s voice… I did my best to keep my eyes open.

My heart skipped another beat. It was too hard to breathe all of the sudden.

"You were reckless~!" Fleitte giggled in amusement. "I saw how you fought me in that spar. And I knew how to exactly put stop in that speed shit of yours."

…My chest felt heavy. I looked down, and saw it frozen, even over my clothes.

…And it's crawling.

I'm dying.

Fuck.