Chapter 10: Reasons

[Your POV]

"Lanterns ? For real ?"

"Yes. Lanterns for real." Blackstar said truthfully as he peeked down from my window. "...Say... Do you hate heights ?"

"Hmm... Not really. Why ?"

You turned to him, and walked next to his side. Blackstar suddenly laughed, and grabbed you, carrying you and... A-and...

"My word ! How dare yo---"

"Hold on, princess !"

Blackstar bursted out in chuckles. You basically screamed, since he picked you up in a bridal carry.

This... This is disgraceful !

But you can't care of that at the moment. You're in the toppest part of the castle ! It's like---forty or thirty feet up from the ground !

"B-blackstar, we're not going to jump off, right...?" You looked up at the damned idiot, who looked down at you with a large grin.

"Ohoho, we are."

Before you had the chance to freak out, he stepped a foot on your window sill, and jumped off.

You screamed, and clung tightly to him of course. "I hope this idiot sprains his legs ! Jumping off of a window ?! With me ?!"

...Is it just you or he grinned wider when you clung to him ?

He landed on his feet perfectly, and soon sprinted off. He was running real quick ! "Damn... This guy---this guy's a monster. He just jumped off from a window about thirty feet above---and didn't even limp running !"

"I'm going to punch your teeth out of you when I get down here !" You yelled as he laughed, continuing to run faster. "Princess, stop paying attention to me. Or at what I did." He said gently as he passed through trees, keeping you secured in his hold.

"...Pay attention to what's around you."

You paused, and looked around, doing as he said. You were moving fast, fast enough to make everything look like a blur, but... You can see the tress. Grass. The blue sky tinted with fluffs of white. And you turned ahead. You were following a path of dead leaves, leaving noises of crunch behind your trail because of his heavy footsteps.

Heavy footsteps...

You looked up at Blackstar, who was smiling slightly. His hair was messed up by the gush of wind we make by running fast. He had bits of sweat forming from his forehead. If you don't pay attention, you'd think his running doesn't take effort, but... It does. Especially with you on his arms.

"...You have the power over speed, right ?"

"Yes, princess."

"Are you at your limit now ?"

Blackstar turned down to you, and snickered. "This isn't even half, princess. If I was at my full speed we're already halfway to the kingdom at the moment."

"Why not use it, then ?"

"...You might get motion sick."

You paused, before laughing. "My word ! No. Don't mind me, knight. Go ahead."

"Really ?"

"Yes. Besides, that kingdom... I want to see every inch of it. So getting there earlier would be great ! Plus, I'd like to try some of their food !" You laughed. Blackstar soon skidded, and stopped, panting slightly. But he still held a grin.

"If you say so, then. I would suggest holding on. Tighter."

...Right. Part of you starts to regret this... But whatever.