0.29

Sairah, and John were both sat in a meeting room connected to the court, they were at either side of the desk, there was a plate full of snacks lied untouched on the middle of a spotless desk. It felt more for show rather than a welcoming treat.

"Are you ready?"

She stared at him, unwilling to show pain, she forced a smile and nodded.

"Sairah, today is the day."

"John, I am fine."

"Fine?"

He tilted his head and raised an eyebrow, she fought back a real smile at how idiotic he looked. John always seemed to know how to make her laugh.

"That's better, real smiles are better."

Sairah stared at him for a moment too long but she couldn't help it, through everything, he had unintentionally been her rock and she somehow became his. They were each others life lines, they both unconsciously cut each others anchors so they both could escape from drowning.

A light tap on the door put them out of their daze-

"Sairah this is it, it time to go."

Sairah's Lawyer calmly smiled as she lightly tapped at her watch, Sairah could feel her stomach form knots, she wasn't ready to do this but she doubted she ever would be. Her lawyer walked first, as if sensing that Sairah needed a few more minutes. 

As she walked to the door, John slowly following behind her but she turned abruptly which startled him.

"You seriously are a pile of poop."

He smiled, not that cocky smile or that annoying patronising smile, it was genuine. She couldn't help but smile either.

"You seriously are a fountain of pee."

With that, she ran and hugged him. It was quick, only three or four seconds but it felt longer, she wanted it to be longer, but she had to face her demons.