[7] Camping || part 1

Don't play it until they are in the car!

Emerson's pov

"When did you get a car?" I asked shocked, my mouth in an 'o' shape. Chandler was standing next to a new silver Mazda.

"He didn't, it's our aunts." Grayson said, coming up behind me, throwing the keys for the car to Chandler, he almost didn't catch them.

"Hey, you weren't supposed to say anything." Chandler laughed, throwing our bags into the trunk while we waited for his parents to leave the house. We were leaving to go camping today and since Chandler got his license we decided that the three of us would drive together so their parents didn't have to deal with.

"You guys ready?" Gina asked, walking out with William. He locked the front door and headed over towards us, a bag on his shoulder and two in his hands.

"Yeah, we're just throwing things in the trunk." Grayson answered, patting the silver hood, it making clunk sound.

"Okay, off we go. Be careful while driving." With that Gina and William went off to their car and the three of us hopped into the Mazda, Chandler and I sitting in the front with Grayson in the back. Chandler put the key into the ignition, the car roared to life. He pulled out of the driveway and we were on our way, it was silent in the car for a couple moments before I hit the button for the radio, I plugged in my phone cord with my phone attached, putting it on shuffle Friend, Please by twenty one pilots came on.

"I feel for you but when did you believe you were alone." Chandler sang, staring off at the road in front of him, concentrating on where he was going.

"You say that spiders crawl inside and made themselves a home...where lights once was." I sang, looking at Chandler for a second before turning my attention to the road.

"Petrified of who you are and who you have become." Grayson joined in, leaning forward and placing one hand on my shoulder and one on Chandler's. I smiled and sang the next part, "you will hide from everyone, denying you need someone to exterminate your bones."

"Friend, please remove your hands from over your eyes for me." Grayson sang again.

"I know you want to leave but friend, please don't take your life away from me." I sang, a little laugh at the end. The pause in the song came and Grayson and I looked at Chandler, waiting for him to sing the next part. He just looked at me with a small smile before once again looking at the road.

"Living like a ghost you walk by everyone you know, you say that you're fine but you have lost your sway and glow, so I stopped by to let you you know." He sang.

"YAY!" Grayson and I cheered, laughing at ourselves. After he finished we all joined in and sang the next part to the song.

"Friend, please remove your hands from over your eyes for me. I know you want to leave but friend, please don't take your life away from me." We all
started to dance in the car, laughing at our kid selves. It was fun, and I was with some of my best friends.

+++
(If you want you can stop the song)

"We're here." Chandler announced, pulling up in front of a big, beautiful cottage house, it made my jaw drop in awe. It was just so amazing.

"Isn't it great?" Chandler stared at, his blue eyes scanning every curve it had, every cut, it truly was amazing. And I get to stay here.

We all hopped out, shutting the door and walking to the trunk, Chandler threw Grayson his bags, he threw his own over his shoulder and than grabbed mine.