[4] The new house

Emerson's pov

"C'mon Emerson, stop being like this. They said their getting us a dog. Isn't that cool?" Emmi tried convincing me to like the idea of the new house. I shook my head.

"Look how cute he is" she pulled out her iPod and showed me the pictures of the small back and brown puppy. (photo above.)

"I just wanna stay at our house" I complained, turning my head away from her.

"Well we can't! We're already on our way!" She said in frustration. I rolled my eyes and continued to stare out the window. Trees passed by us on both sides. I just thought about how I left my friends, the rest of our family, our memories. Although I hate seeing us leave I am a slight bit happy we're leaving that place. My ex isn't a guy I wanna be around. Anymore.

"Are we there yet?" Maddox asked.

"No!" Mom, dad, Emmi and I all said in unison.

+++

"Here it is" I heard my dads voice faintly. I pulled my earbuds out of my ears and placed them with my phone in my pocket and looked at the medium sized house.

There was a wooden door and a wooden garage. In the middle of the two there was a window looking in. On the right side of the door the house stuck out a bit with a window on each level.

"It's pretty" Emmi said in awe.

"Does it have a big backyard?" Maddox asked, staring at the house.

"I guess we'll find out" mom replied.

We hopped out of the car that sat in our new driveway and walked across the little area that was covered in rocks to get to the door

We hopped out of the car that sat in our new driveway and walked across the little area that was covered in rocks to get to the door. Dad pulled out his keys that had a new one and slid it in the top lock. He turned it and pushed, revealing the inside of what our new home was.

"Go pick your rooms!" Mom told us. Emmi and Maddox ran up the stairs quickly, I just walked up, staring at the blank light brown walks. The stairs were a smooth dark brown with no creaks as you climbed them. At the top the hallway floor was the same dark brown as the stairs and I saw six doors lining the hallway and at the end there was still a small table with what looked like a fake plotted plant.

I walked to the end door on my left and opened the door slowly and saw the not too small room. The floor in my room had a different design in the wood but still the same colour. The hallways floor looked like... Hmm. How would you describe it? Kinda like stairs... Like the lines were going down in a stair form. That's how you would describe it.

My floor just had straight wooden lines going in one direction. The walls were a cream colour and I didn't mind it. Maddox and Emmi both wanted their walls painted, it wouldn't make much sense for me as I would be covering it with posters, paintings and my very own drawings.