[The8]

Imagine for Anniekpop

"Open up!" You call, tapping on the boys dorm door, you have come over for your weekly movie night but the boys were taking longer than usual to let you in.

"Hello-oh." You say, as the door swings open, "Hey Minghao."

Minghao looks at you and opens his mouth, he makes as if to say something but then his mouth closes again as Jun comes up behind him. "Well come in then." Jun sighs, pulling you past Minghao and leading you into the living room. You look back at Minghao who closed the door gently behind you, what was wrong with him?

You didn't have time to wonder further as all the guys bombarded you with greetings, "Hey." You reply, laughing slightly.

Weaving around the many bodies you find your way to the sofa and collapse onto it. You feel eyes on you and sit up to find Minghao sat on the sofa opposite to you; How did he get there so fast?

"Do you know what film we're watching?" You ask, directing your question at him.

"I..." He stutters, his eyes searching around the room, not meeting yours.

"Its a superhero film." Dino butts in, sitting beside you.

"Uh huh." You mumble, sitting back in your seat and placing your hands in your lap. Why couldn't Minghao speak to you? He'd always been kind of shy but never...never like this.

"Someone get the popcorn!" Seungkwan whines, just as everyone is seated. Everyone sighs and there are an array of mutters asking why he had to ask now.

"I'll go." Minghao says quieting, rising silently and leaving the room. So he can speak!

"Guys..." You say, glancing around at everyone.

"Yeah?" S Coups speaks for the group.

"Is something wrong with Minghao today?"

"The8..? No...no he's um...he's fine." Hoshi replies, his eyes glancing at the others. You follow his gaze with narrowed eyes.

"I'm going to go check on him."

You power walk out of the living room and into a dorm room where you can hear rustling, you enter to find Minghao looking under a bed for the treasured popcorn.

"Minghao?" You ask, making him jump slightly. He makes as if to talk when the door slams behind you.

Urgently, he runs to the door and tries to pry it open, only to find that you've been locked in. "What have they done?!" Minghao yells to no one in particular.

"He speaks." You state, deciding that as you're locked in together you may as well get to the bottom of this.

Minghao turns to face you abruptly but he stills says nothing. You look at him expectantly, standing with one hand on your hip and he finally mumbles, "Wwhat do you mean?"

"Minghao, you haven't spoken to me all night." You say, taking a step closer to him, he takes a step away from you meaning that his back is against the door. He gulps then runs his fingers through his messy brown hair.

"I-"

"Do you not like me anymore?" You question, unable to keep the emotion from your voice. You thought you and Minghao had a good relationship, you liked him...maybe a little too much. Either way you missed your little conversations.

"No...I." He starts, raking his lips with his teeth. "I've been finding it hard to talk to you lately."

"Why?" You ask, slightly hurt.

"I...I like you." He says, stepping forward a little and finally raising his puppy eyes up to you. You stare at him unable to talk...he likes you?!

You didn't know how to feel, you felt happy that he didn't hate you and you didn't know why your heart was suddenly hammering and your hands were clammy.

Looking relieved Minghao suddenly moves even closer to you, a smile, that could almost be taken as a smirk, placed on his lips. "Are you not going to say anything?"

You bring your hand out to bat him, slightly enraged when he catches your hand in mid-flight.

He holds it in his gently as if it could break under his touch, this time he looks at you expectantly and your lips break into a smile, "I...I like you too."

Minghao's smile gleams brighter, all the nervousness before suddenly gone. He begins to lean into you and you follow suit when you hear a noise from outside, soon Hoshi's head appears around the door, "GuYS IT WORKED!"