6 - "Their Unhappy Family Reunion"

Mulai dari awal

"Husband." Iris mumbled with a smile, sticking her hand out to show her ring.

Cilia opened her mouth but paused; she saw the ring and instantly goosebumps form on her arms. She felt a lump forming in the back of her throat and it was almost as uncomfortable as showering with all those women in prison when she was locked up. There was something about Iris calling Allele her husband that rubbed her the wrong way. And there was something about Allele marrying Iris that rubbed her the wrong way.

"Husband." Cilia repeated with a whisper, suddenly quickly aggravated. "Are you kidding me? The two of you are married? Is this a joke?"

Iris heart skipped a beat. She couldn't see but she heard the tone in her sister's voice and she didn't sound like she was too happy. Iris had genuinely thought Cilia would have been excited about it. She knew she would have been taken by surprise, but she didn't think it would be in a negative way.

"Cilia what's the matter?" Iris asked, caught off guard by the displeased voice in her tone.

"What's wrong? You're married to Allele. It's fucking Allele for Christ sake." She snapped.

"What's wrong with that?" Allele asked.

"Uh gee, I don't know maybe it's because you're our fucking brother." Cilia snapped in a tone that suggested it was obvious.

The apartment turned silent as Allele and Iris both grasped what she had said. Iris and Allele had both went through that faze individually. When they first got romantically involved as teenagers they had battles in their head about their relationship. One had never voiced it to the other, but questions about it did cross their minds. They weren't blood related, but was it weird? Was it wrong? Sometimes they would look at each other and think about it, not knowing the other one was thinking the exact same thing. But they soon realized they were in love and the guilty thoughts and conscience of supposing to be nothing but "brother and sister" faded away. They weren't blood related and never grew up in the same household raised to be siblings so there wasn't anything bad or wrong about it.

"Look," Allele said being the first one to break the silence, "how about you calm down, go take a shower or something and meet us back here."

"Yeah, that sounds like a great fucking idea." Cilia mumbled.

It was quiet for a while until Iris spoke up. "O-okay follow me." Iris said, turning around as she swiftly headed for the back where the bathroom was.

Cilia knew she was being a bitch, but she just couldn't believe this. The fact that she had grown up with these two and they thought it wild be cool to go and get married. She had nothing against her sister finding love, but had it been with anyone else she would be fine with it.

"This is your room." Iris announced as they walked down the narrow hallway, pointing to a room which had the door wide open but was dark inside due to the light being off. Once they reached the bathroom, the blind twin turned the light on, walking over to the bathroom sink. "Okay, everything is in here. I'll bring some clothes in and set them on the sink top." She said.