6 - "Their Unhappy Family Reunion"

Start from the beginning

"Cilia." Iris protested while being dragged.

"Yo' chill out dusty."

Cilia's head snapped up at the doorway and saw a man in his early twenties standing there. She knew it was the guy she walked past. She hadn't really looked at him since she walked in but that voice was as recognizable as Iris was. Cilia's heart beat out her chest as she looked at the dude standing at five foot eleven with skin the color of Nutella chocolate. His hair was thick and long, but clearly natural as he had it up in a bun on top his head. His eyes were slanted like Chinese women and his smile was to die for. He licked his lips, looking her up and down in amusement.

"Allele?" Cilia whispered.

He put his arms out. "I was trying to tell you but you busted in here like this was Law & Order or some shit."

Cilia stood there speechless for a second, watching him with her mouth open. She was at a loss for words, not being able to process someone she thought she would never see again standing right in front of her. She always did think about Allele and what had happened to him just like she did Iris. The only difference was when she turned eighteen she reconnected with Iris, but she had no clue what happened to Allele.

Allele smiled and stepped forward, engulfing her in a hug once he realized she wasn't going to. "It's okay, you don't gotta go. I'm here and I'm here for both of you. Ain't no more running the streets or anything. We have food in the fridge now, shoes and clothes and beds to sleep in. We gon' be aight, aight?" He said.

Cilia just stood there in his embrace, letting the tears roll down her face. She was so confused. She was happy, irritated, hurt. There were so many emotions running through her she didn't know how to take it at once. Instead of letting her emotions out, less than twenty seconds later Cilia pushed Allele away. She was never sentimental and it wasn't because she thought crying showed weakness, she just thought crying in front of someone was embarrassing.

"I-I-I what's going on? How are you here? What the hell is going on?"

Iris smiled, her eyes moving in the direction of Cilia. It was a habit she had with being blind, even though she couldn't see, she was always looking around. And it was sometimes because she knew where someone was standing from where their voice was coming from, but sometimes couldn't pinpoint an exact location. We never really lost each other, he found me the day after the fight—"

"And you didn't tell me?!"

"Cilia I couldn't." Iris defended.

Cilia huffed, closing her eyes. She could feel the blood traveling up to her head. "Okay hold on, stop talking I need a minute." She said. She began rubbing her temples and groaning out loud.

The place was silent as no one said anything. Cilia just reopened her eyes and began looking back and forth between both of them as she was starting to catch on. "Sooo...this was the guy you were talking about...you're her boyfriend." Cilia said pointing her finger back and forth between the two.