30

A/N: hey lovelies, here's a long chapter to make up for the last one, which was really lame lol. enjoy xx

songs i listened to: i see fire- ed sheeran (perfection), i'll take you there- sleeping with sirens, and just one yesterday- fall out boy (FOB tho. they're perf)

-

"Callie, wake up," Zayn mumbles in my ear. My eyes open slowly and for a moment I panic when I see I'm not in my room, in my bed with my band posters around me, but then I realize I'm at Harry's. My temporary home.

"We need to go, it's 7:30," Zayn's soothing voice says. I nod and get up to get ready for the party.

Since I don't feel like impressing people and I'm only going because I want to have a drink and live a little, I strip from my sweatpants and old baggy shirt and pull on a simple pair of jeans and one of my many Sleeping With Sirens tank tops, completing the outfit with white converse.

By the time I'm ready, it's already 7:55 so I grab my phone and wallet and stuff them into the pockets of my jeans, not wanting to carry a bag to this party, and we leave in a hurry. Harry and Danielle are still looking pretty cozy on the couch, so I make myself a mental note to talk to Danielle about it later.

"So, um, I just wanted to warn you again that these parties are insane... there's a lot of crazy stuff that goes on and now's your chance to back out..." he whispers silently as I drive to the mansion.

"I hung out with a bad crowd before everyone stopped talking to me and acknowledging my existence, I know how to handle these types of people," I say confidently. Actually, truth is, I've always been scared of them, and I only hung around with them because they were the only people to ever accept me after Abbie.

"Just be careful," Zayn whispers, looking out the window. I nod and the rest of the drive is silent, like the rest of the times in our friendship.

"Holy shit," I mutter while turning onto the street. It's jam-packed with cars, all the way from his house to the next street.

"I'm going to lose you in a crowd like this," Zayn breathes out. I can detect the small flash of panic in his beautiful hazel eyes and my heart warms at the concern he's showing for me. It really does feel good to have someone care.

"Let's go," I mutter, parking about half a mile down from the house. Zayn limps out of the car, his foot in still in a cast still. At least he doesn't need crutches anymore. You can hear the loud club music from where we parked and I wonder for a second how Stan's neighbors stand living near him.

"Promise me you won't drink too much," Zayn says as we walk towards the house.

"Yeah, I don't plan on getting drunk. I just want to have a little fun, loosen up a little, ya know," he frowns at my response but doesn't say anything.

"Oh no, no no," Zayn starts to panic once we reach the doors of the house. There's probably more people here than the population of Newport. I only smile at Zayn and grab the nearest red Solo I could find.

"Party time," I wink and step into the crowd without thinking.

First of all, ew. It smells worse than the locker room at my school in here. Second of all, I can't see because I'm simply surrounded by hoards and hoards of people. It's basically a mob, and I just happened to walk into it. Third, I probably shouldn't have left Zayn.

I try making my way back to where I came from but I have no sense of direction whatsoever, especially in a place like this.

Sighing in frustration, I push through the crowd until I'm out of the mob, and I grab another cup and down it all in one. I feel the alcohol loosen me up and slowly, I start to forget about my problems.

Tonight is going to be a fun night.

~

**Zayn POV**

"Callie!" I shout, pushing my way through the mob of people. "God damnit," I mutter as I realize shouting her name is no use. I can't even hear myself.

I knew I shouldn't have let her come.

"Hi babe," a slutty blonde struts up to me, running her hands up my chest and looking at me in a way that suggests she's hungry, and not for food. I push her off before she has the chance to do anything to me.

"Not interested," I mutter before turning away.

A hand grabs my arm roughly as I start to walk away, and I turn around expecting to see the blonde but I see someone I'd much rather not see.

"Malik, where have you been lately? I haven't seen you in a while, are you hiding from me?" he taunts and shoves me, hard. I'm thrown into a couple devouring each other's faces and they yelp, falling on the floor.

"I'm so sorry," I apologize quickly, but all they do is glare at me.

He starts walking towards me and I back up. He laughs at me, and my eyes flicker down to the dragon tattoo on his left arm. Memories of that night when he attacked me in the alley flood my mind, but I push them away in a haste.

"You little pussy, be a man and fight me," he roars loud enough to be heard over the music.

"What the hell do you want with me, Mike," If this is about that meaningless, drunk fight in the bar the first night I came here, then damn this man holds some serious grudges.

"I'm sure you remember that night where I was beating your ass at Tenth Hour, huh? And then in the alley, I was supposed to win that one. But then this random stranger just waltzes into the alley and saves the day, for you of course. I'm just here to redeem myself, to finish what I started," he smiles wickedly and the blood in my veins turns to ice.

"Where's that girl, Cammie, Kelly, what was her name again? Callie? Oh that's right, that pathetic attentionwhore. You know she cut herself for attention, right, it's because nobody gives one, two, three fucks about her, I wonder why-" he doesn't even finish his sentence when I run up to him, grabbing his neck in my hands.

"Don't you dare," I growl. Then he does something that I didn't expect at all; he laughs.

"Perfect, I know for sure what your weakness now," he grins. I tighten my grip around his throat and he coughs, eyes wide. Mike tries to kick me but I ram my knee into his shins, and he collapses in pain.

"Stay away from her, whatever you have against me does not have anything to do with her. Leave her out of this," I growl. My voice is dangerously low and this time Mike looks genuinely scared of me.

"This is exactly what I'm aiming for. You have anger issues, it's pretty damn obvious you do. I wonder what you'd be like if you lost control," he smirks and I take a deep breath to prevent myself from bashing his skull to the ground.

"You better shut your mouth," I'm at the brink of losing it, and it's not good.

"Oh, but you wouldn't hurt me, what if I told you I knew where Callie was... and she isn't in this house?" The smile on his face is so sickening and I so desperately want to beat him right now... but I can't.

I try to remember what Simon, the bartender, said to me that night. That one day, you're going to lose control, in front of everyone.

My mind shifts to that one time where Harry tried to teach me how to control my anger, and how it was all up to me. It was all up to me to keep myself from becoming a monster, the monster living inside of me that I've been keeping in control for so long, but was now threatening to break free from the restraints I've tried so hard to maintain. I was so, so, so close to snapping.

"What did you do to her,"

"That's for me to know, and for you to find out," he grins. "Don't worry, she's near, I didn't want to inconvenience you," Mike spits out in my face.

And that's when I snap.

A/N: dont kill me for ending it there.... im so sorry omg

OH AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 8K READS YAY :D