16

"What do you want?" I ask quietly.

"You're Zayn's buddy, right?"

He was the guy that was fighting Zayn the other day at the bar. I remember the tattoo and his face looking at me as I walked out.

"Answer me," he says roughly, shaking me.

"Yeah," I whisper. A sinister smile appears on his face and it sends chills down my spine.

"Cool. I'd like to take my revenge on him, and I'm going to be using you, pretty girl," He sneers. I try to twist out of his grip but he stops me, clamping his hand over my mouth.

My screams get muffled in his hand but then the weight is pulled off of me and I see him on the ground, another figure on top of him. They wrestle for a little bit, completely ignoring my presence, before the guy from the bar is knocked unconscious.

The other figure slowly gets up, leaning against the brick wall for support. He looks at me and I freeze.

Wow, he's attractive. Curly brown locks messed up and hidden under a beanie, deep dimples, and amazing green eyes. Tattoos litter his body and a lip ring hangs off his lip.

"Are you okay?" he has a deep, husky, british accent, and it's so perfect.

"Yeah, I'm fine,"

He sighs, moving to get up and picking up his backpack.

"Wait, what's your name?" I blurt out. He stops and stays silent for a moment.

"Harry."

~

The next day at school, Zayn is still MIA. I go through another dreadful day of classes and not speaking to anyone, even Liam, before I decide to ditch. Sneaking out the back door of the school, I make my way to the diner on the side of town.

I pass by the Tenth Hour bar and shudder at the memories made in that place. Never going back in there ever again.

"Thanks for coming mate," a familiar voice says. It's coming from the alleyway I was about to pass, so I duck behind a dumpster. My theories are confirmed when I see Zayn talking with someone in a hoodie.

"You needed me," I recognized his deep husky voice, his British accent, immediately. It was Harry, the boy who saved me in the alleyway yesterday.

"I don't know why I can't control it," Zayn says in an agitated tone as he paces back and forth, pulling out a cigarette.

I didn't know he smoked.

"I'll be able to help you," Harry assures. He bites his lip ring before speaking again. "I ran into a crime earlier today. Some guy with a dragon tattoo was forcing himself on this poor girl." Zayn freezes.

"Dragon tattoo?" he asks, suddenly alert.

"Yeah, big red dragon on his arm, big burly guy," Harry shrugs.

"What did the girl he attack look like?" Zayn is frozen, looking at Harry seriously.

"Blonde hair, blue eyes, short, uh," by the time he finishes Zayn has his phone out, and seconds later, my phone is vibrating in my pocket.

I take my phone out and run into the nearest shop, which happens to be a thrift store, pretending to shop. My thumb presses the answer button on the fifth ring.

"Hello?" I say as casually as possible.

"Callie where are you?" his voice is frantic and panicked.

"Um, I'm shopping, why?" I quickly grab a couple of tops and pretend like I'm actually shopping.

"Where are you?"

"The thrift shop near the end of town," Moment later Zayn barges in, and the lady in the front nearly has a heart attack when she sees him.

I bet she didn't expect to get business from someone like him.

"Can I help you?" she asks tentatively.

Zayn ignores her and strides straight towards me, pulling me into a hug. The lady looks over at us likes she wants to call the cops, but I smile at her and she calms down a bit.

"Um, what's wrong?" trying to play cool, like nothing had happened.

"Oh, uh," he steps back and scratches his head. "I guess I just missed you," he says with a shrug.

"Yeah, I missed you too, but I assumed you didn't miss me especially when I called and texted you,"

"I've been busy, not much time to answer anybody," he says, truthfully. I can tell when he lies, simply because he's really bad at it.

"Why were you so pent up over the phone?"

"Oh," he frowns for a moment before coming up with an excuse. "I heard about someone who was confronted by a criminal in an alleyway, I was just concerned it was you, because, you know, small town and such,"

I don't know why I lied about my confrontation with Mike, but I have a feeling that when he finds out I lied, he's not going to be happy about it.