12

Zayn and I decide to spend our evening watching horror movies, so we decide to scare ourselves watching the first Saw.

"I think that was the scariest thing I have ever seen in my life," I gasp, clutching my chest. All Zayn could do was stare at the TV wide eyed.

"Yeah, let's not watch that again," he says, getting up and turning the TV off.

After we've recovered from the horror of Saw, I break the silence with a question I've been wondering for a while.

"So tell me about Louis," I ask curiously.

"Well," Zayn bites his lip and frowns. "What do you wanna know about him?"

The front door pounds open and Louis struts in.

"Hey Zayn, we need to-" Louis is cut off when he sees me still here. "Oh hey, you're still here?"

"Well um, we just finished the movie, but I should probably get going," I grab my stuff but Zayn stops me.

"You don't have to," he says, hazel eyes staring at me intently. I check the clock. 9:42.

"No, I really should go, it's getting late," I say with a smile. "Bye, Louis, nice meeting you," He waves and winks at me and I walk out the door.

When I get home, the front porch light is on, which is strange. It's never on.

I unlock the front door and flip the light on, tossing my keys into the tray on the table. I step into the kitchen and to my surprise, I see my mother, standing in front of the refrigerator with her arms crossed.

"Why were you out so late? Why didn't you tell me?" she sternly asks, frowning.

"Oh, so NOW you care," I scoff. I can tell by the look of pain on her face that I caught her by surprise. She sighs and moves towards me but I take a step back.

"Callie, I'm really sorry, about everything," she looks at me pleadingly and I shake my head.

"I know you're sad about dad's death. We all were, are," I narrow my eyes at her. "But you had no right to just completely trash yourself and leave Danielle and I to deal with things ourselves," My mother is crying and I want to comfort her but I just can't in this situation.

"I'm going to change," she whispers.

"I'm going to have to see proof before I can believe that," I say, not regretting my harsh words. "Do you even worry about Danielle?" I snarl.

"Where is she? Shouldn't she be coming home soon?" my mother whispers.

"You have got to be kidding me," I growl. "Mom. Danielle ran away two fucking years ago and you've been so drunk to even notice her absence. You're going to have to really change before I can trust you again,"

My mother blinks a few times and the house is dead silent. You could hear a pin drop.

"What?" she whispers. I roll my eyes.

"Danielle, your youngest child, ran away from home," I annunciate, probably being a bit too harsh.

"I-I-" my mother is at a loss for words before she looks at me, her eyes begging.

"Callie, please, give me another chance," her eyes are red and her cheeks are tear stained.

"I will, after you prove to me you're actually going to change," I say simply, and head upstairs to my room, slam the door, and lock it.

~

"So you just completely ignored her when she said she was going to become a better person?" Zayn asks me, grabbing a handful of popcorn and shoving it in his mouth.

"I'm not going to forgive her so easily," I defend. We were at his house watching The Hangover but the movie was forgotten as we started talking about my night. Louis was out with some friends he carted into town with him.

Movies were our new favorite hobby.

"Hey, Louis is having a party at his apartment, wanna come?" Zayns asks.

"When?" I glance at the clock. It was only 5 PM.

"Now," he says with a chuckle.

"Sure, why not," I say with a laugh. He gets off the sofa and tugs me out the door to his car.

"Why am I invited?" I ask as we get in the car.

"Louis was kinda looking forward to seeing you tonight," Zayns explains.

I gape as Zayn pulls up to the gate of the most expensive neighborhood in the town.

"Louis Tomlinson," Zayn says to the gatekeeper and he nods and lets us in.

We drive through the neighborhood until he parks at a grand mansion with cars littered everywhere within a half mile radius of the house.

"How does Louis know so many people?" I ask, awed by the amount of people that were here.

"His good friend Stan lives here," Zayn explains, getting out. I do the same and meet him at the front of the car. "Stan is known for throwing kick-ass parties,"

We arrive at the front door, which is wide open, and Zayn takes my hand when we step into the house. Every square inch is packed with people, a lot wearing Oregon State sweatshirts and shirts.

People drive an hour from OSU to come to a party?

"Wow, these parties must be really amazing for people do drive an hour for," I say. When nobody responds I spin around and I notice that Zayn isn't where he was five seconds ago.

"Zayn," I shout. I push and shove my way through the hoards of college students but I don't see him.

"Looking for someone babe?" an attractive boy walks up to me carrying a red solo cup that had a clear substance in it. I glance at it warily.

"It's water, I can't drink," he says with a husky laugh, inching closer to me.

"Oh," I flush red with embarrassment.

"It's fine," by this point he's right in front of me, his warm chocolate brown eyes glancing down at me with a smile, a glint in his eyes.

"So, what's your name?"

"Callie," I mumble. His lips are dragging a slow line down my neck, and I'm about to push him off when he's forced off of me. I see Zayn clutching Liam's shirt and he's in the poor boy's face.

"Get the hell off of her," Zayn growls. The boy shoves him back and it's his turn to get in Zayn's face.

"What's it to you, Malik?" the boy challenges. By now they're shoving each other and with each move Zayn gets angrier and angrier.

"Come at me bro," Zayn growls and without a warning, the boy tackles Zayn to the ground. Profanities are being shouted, and fists are being used.

"Whoa whoa boys, this isn't a fight club," Louis walks up and pulls the two boys apart. "Zayn, calm the hell down," he turns to the other boy. "Liam, she's with us, which means, off limits,"

The boy's expression changes.

"Oh. Sorry." he says and looks down to the ground. Zayn is panting heavily and I can tell he's riled up.

By now, a crowd has gathered, expecting to see the two boys fight.

"Scoot. Skedaddle. There's nothing to see here." Louis shouts and the crowd groans and the party resumes.

"Callie, let me take you home," Zayn says roughly and grabs my arm, leading me out the door.

I turn back to see Louis looking at me with a steady expression and Liam, the other boy, doing the same.