1.19

The Rockband

W.C. 2593

"You're starting to show and we wouldn't want Conor to know would we?"

**********

"Hello. You must be Faye." A kind woman in white says extending her hand. I grasp it in my own and shake it softly. "I'm Dr. Smith and I'll be delivering your baby." She says smiling. I smile nervously at her. "So you are a couple weeks late of visiting. Your first visit should typically be around eight weeks, which is your first ultra sound. So just lay back and I'll get to it." I nod and lay down on the hard bed before the doctor raises my shirt slightly. "Okay this might be a little cold." She says before placing a thick gel over my barely showing stomach. My body tenses when the cold touches my skin. Soon my body relaxes and the doctor places what looks to be a flashlight on the gel. Glancing up at the screen to my right I smile slightly.

"Is that him?" I ask quietly. The doctor nods before speaking.

"You think it's a boy?" She asks. I nod and wipe away a stray tear. "Well in just a few weeks you'll be able to see the gender. If you listen closely you can hear the steady heartbeat." I go quiet and hear the little thumping.

"Oh my god." I whisper shocked. The doctor pulls away the device transmitting images onto the screen and wipes off my stomach. Sitting up straight I smile.

"I would like to see you again in three weeks to make sure everything it okay. Three weeks after that I will be able to tell you the sex." She says smiling while handing me a small piece of paper. I brush my fingers against the ultra sound and smile. "Have a good day Ms. Delgado." She says before exciting the small room.

**********

"Ash, I think it's a boy. And I got an ultra sound." I say into the phone once the blonde answers.

"When do you find out if it's a boy or a girl?" She asks. Mumbling and shuffling is going on outside the phone and I smile.

"What are you doing?" I ask laughing. "And in a month and half. But I'm pretty sure it's going to be a boy."

"I was playing video games at Conor's but now we're heading to Billy's." she tells me.

"Ashley. Who does Conor think you're talking to?" I ask suddenly becoming worried.

"I'm not stupid. I said it was my aunt when I picked up." She says.

"Thank God." I mumble. "Okay yeah. I'll meet your guys at Billy's." I say before hanging up the phone call.

*********

"Hey." I say walking up to Conor and lightly pecking his cheek. He smiles at me before Franklin speaks.

"Okay Stu. You're up." He says. I lean my body backwards between Conor's legs and he wraps his arms around my waist. Angry rock music begins filling the room and Stu stands bobbing his head. Conor's hands find their way under my shirt and they begin rubbing my hips softy. I glance at him and see he is unfocused on what he is doing and more focused on Stu. A smile creeps onto my lips as I think about how he is subconsciously doing this. The music stops and he sings a single word.

"Hey." The music resumes only to stop once more. "Man." The music begins again and pauses shortly after. "Hey... man. I call that one "Hey, man.""