1.4

The Chair

W.C. 3277

"It fucking sucks without him."

**********

    "How'd it go?" Asks Conor. I take a shaky breath and sigh.

    "Not well." I say. I look at him as a sad smile crosses my face. I walk closer to him and kiss him. I travel my lips lower down to his collar bone when he pulls me away.

    "Faye? Are you okay?" He asks

    "No" I once again begin kissing him again this time he kisses back. His hands rest on my hips and play with the hem of Conor's shirt. I tug at it pull it off of his body. He walks our bodies back until we get to his bed. He lays down on his bed and I stand at the foot. I take off my shirt, throwing it on the floor  before crawling over to him and straddling him. I kiss his neck and begin grinding against him.

    "Are... Are you sure?" He asks in a hush tone.

    "Yes."

**********

    I had strayed awake for an hour after cuddling him thinking. His breath is now even and I can tell he's sleeping. I stare at his face before lightly kissing his forehead. I carefully untangle my self from his grasp and look for my clothes around his room. Once fully dressed I pull out the note from my bag and lay it on the side table next to his bed. I look at his name I had written on the paper and sigh. I turn, walking out of his room and softly shutting his door. Tears begin falling down my face and I quietly make it to my car. Once inside I let out all of the sobs I'd been holding in. I look at his house and try to compose my self. I start my car and begin driving away to make things better with Franklin.

**********

    Conor,
    I'm sorry I had to do this. Franklin said the only way to make things better was to ruin what we had. I love you. More than anything. I've learned over the short amount of time that I've known you, that people are like trees. Some grow flowers, some grow fruit, some change colors, and some, are evergreen. I hope that you stay evergreen. I never want you to change, because I hope that when I come back, you'll still love me. I guess in another world we could have been, but in this life, we're meant for separate people because blood is thicker than water. You don't belong with me and I don't belong with anyone else. I adore you Conor.

    ~Faye

**********

    "I ended it" I say quietly.

    "Good" Franklin looks up at me and pulls me into a hug. I silently cry as he comforts me. "I'm sorry I made you do that Faye, but he's no good for you" he says.

    "Okay" I say pulling away. He looks at me sadly and I wipe my tears. "I'm going to bed" I say walking up stairs.

**********

    "Hey Faye. Um it's me, Conor again. I just really want to talk to you."

    "Oh god, I miss you Faye. Please call me back" Stopping after the first two messages from Conor I lock my phone. It was hard enough that I had to see him tomorrow in school, but now I can't even listen to one of his voice mails without crying. I walk down stairs and open up my mother's liquor cabinet pulling out a bottle of Vodka. I open the lid and set it on the counter before taking a large swig. The sensation of the alcohol running down my throat, burning away the flesh, makes me smile. You won't remember anything tomorrow.