chapter seven

I've been with Itachi for a few years now and I've never been happier. Even though we've had to move from place to place since we are targeted in the bingo book. The akatsuki haven't been much of a problem, most of them have been dying either way. But lately he has been very distant and he's been coughing up blood more often. Everytime I ask about it he'd say that it was nothing, that everything was okay. 

He would always poke me on the forehead before he'd go outside to walk around and look for dangerous trackers or even bounty hunters. The more the days pass by the longer he'd be gone and the less words he'd say to me. Until the only words I hear him say is "Sorry Yukiji maybe next time." He'd always say that when I ask him to spend time with me.

Then one day he'd been gone too long. I decided to track him down until I saw this weird burning building. I recognized those black flames anywhere. Then I saw a guy and I thought that maybe it was Itachi. He came closer so I hid behind some bushes. He looked an awful lot like Itachi. He was a real mess, covered in blood with ripped clothes. Something terrible must have happened inside that building. Once he left I immediately ran inside that building and went up the roof. I couldn't believe my own eyes. ..

"ITACHI!" I ran up to him, I kneeled beside him and held his head towards my chest and I couldn't stop crying.

"Please...don't weep like that...I'm so sorry I didn't tell you...I've been sick for a long time. .it was inevitable that I'd die sooner or later....I didn't want you to worry...I just wanted to see that beautiful smile until my last dying breath. ..I didn't expect to fall in love. ..but I did...I'm sorry to leave you like this...please don't hate me."

"I can never hate you. I'll always love you. I have one more thing you need to hear....I'm pregnant."

And then after I said that he died with a smile on his face and I stayed there for a long time.