Chapter Five

Mark, please. Please answer the door.

"Hey, what's up."

"Mark, please let me in?" I asked, tears streaming down my face. I could barely speak, but Mark made way and let me in his house. I went through the living room and sat down on his couch. Mark looked worried but didn't say anything and sat next to me.

"What's wrong?" Words finally spilt out of his mouth, and his worried face now turned into a confused face. He was staring right into my eyes, which somehow made me uncomfortable and weird.

"It- it- it's my mum." I said. Mark looked at me straight in the eyes now, like he was questioning me in a police office, him being the police officer.

"What's your mum done?"

"She lied. She's forcing me to move homes and I don't want to go." My eyes were now nearly drowning in my tears, mascara running down my cheeks. I tried hard to not cry, but I couldn't help it. The pain was unbearable. The thought of being away from Mark made me feel not worth living anymore. He was the one person who always knew what I was like, and even though he never liked me back, he was still my first love. I loved him.

"Come here." Mark said, and suddenly I was lying in his arms and tightened around him. I could faintly smell his cologne coming off his maroon t-shirt. His arms were wrapped around me like a baby holding a teddy bear. I felt safe and secure. I felt happy.

Mark's P.O.V:
I wrapped her around my chest so tight so all her feelings of sadness would go away. I forgot what happened this morning and completely let in on what she was saying. I still thought she was beautiful, and I wanted her to listen to my heartbeat and know that I do like her back. Maybe not love her, but like her back, definitely. I stroked her hair, touching every strand and wanting to completely soak it all in my body and never let it go. I wanted to be with her, but I knew I couldn't. She's ten years younger, Mark. She's too young for you, I thought to myself. How could I ever possibly be in a relationship with her?

But I didn't listen to my good side. I let my demons take control of my body.

"Elizabeth." I whispered and she looked up.

"Hmm?"

"Why don't we go upstairs?" I said, and then carried her upstairs. I laid her on the bed, lied down close to her under the duvet and just stayed there. I let the words take control. I let my feelings take control.

And suddenly, it was 7:30 in the morning, and her mum was knocking on the door screaming her name.

Authors Note: Thank you for 100 reads. It means a lot. <3