Chapter Three

"Look at his face!" Mark shouted out, his face bright red after all the laughing/crying we had gone through. I couldn't help thinking we'd make a great couple. It was only when the movie froze our laughing stopped immediately and we both had serious faces on, trying to work out what has happened.
"Do you want me to go and check?" Mark asked, but I didn't let him get out of bed.
"No, it's alright," I said, tightening my towel so it wouldn't fall of, "it'll work soon. It can't stay frozen forever!" I said trying to comfort him. I stared at him while he was trying to work out what went wrong, pressing random buttons on the remote as if that would ever work. I leaned close to him and snatched the remote off of him.
We stared at each other for a while, and then i put my hand on his cheek and started stroking it. He didn't pull away, he just asked a simple what are you doing and then touched my hand and put it down. I hoped he didn't reject me and he started moving close to me. I flipped him over and sat on top of him, caressing his face and body and feeling his breath tingle me away.
"What are you doing?" Mark slowly whispered, his face burning red in anger and disgust.
"I-I'm s-sorry, I'm really sorry. I don't know what came over me." I said and I quickly ran off the bed and went in the bathroom and put my clothes on. I had to go home, I had to erase this from my memory. He doesn't like me back, I thought to myself. He doesn't like me back, Elizabeth. And he will never ever like me back anyways. I'd just ruined my relationship with Mark forever.

When I returned home, I found a letter posted through my letterbox saying 'PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL' with my mum's name on it, and I figured if it was private and confidential I had to open it no matter what the outcome. I ripped the letter open and saw the words 'EVICTION' written on it, and then I realised what the letter was about. We were being evicted. We were going to get homeless.
Ugh, today was the worst day ever. And I couldn't help but think it was only going to get even worse. Now I really wish Mark could just come and save me. Mark, if you're out there and somehow you know what I'm thinking and you can read my mind, please tell me everything will be alright. I don't want to have to move away from you. Please?