Chapter 7

Marinette pov.

I left my room for the very first time, but only because I was so bored. Granted the books had kept me occupied but I had read all of them. I tried to sew and design but it's no use if I don't have inspiration and I only get inspiration when I'm happy. I looked around the mansion wondering what this guy did to afford such a nice place. I walked into a living room to see a black figure sitting in a chair watching TV. Was that him?

"Hello?"

He froze and didn't move a muscle. I walked closer and gasped when he turned around. My uncle had told me he was a monster with fangs, claws, and black fur but I had assumed it was another of his drug hallucinations. I never considered that it could be true then again now that I'm getting a good look at him he doesn't look like a monster that much. He looks more like someone with a rare hair and skin disorder.

"Pretty gruesome huh?" He said.

"I've seen worse." It was true I had seen worse. My uncle would often invite his poker buddies over, now that was ugly. They were all oily slick haired, yellow teethed, dirty nailed, and bad breathed. Ugh! Compared to them this guy was a super model. (Irony alert!)

"You don't have to lie to spare my feelings." He asked.

"No lie I have."

"Hmm...Then I hate to see what you've seen."

"So...Are we ever gonna get to the fact of why I'm here?"

"Not now." He said.

"Will I ever go home?"

"I...I don't know."

"What?!" I was mad. Did he plan on keeping me here forever?

'No! I mean! Yes...you will go home I just don't know when."

"I don't understand any of this. Why are you keeping me here? I'm not some pet or object you can own."

"I know it's just that... Let's just say I'm in trouble and only you can help me...maybe."

"Trouble? What kind?"

"I...I can't tell you."

I hated secrets and lies, if this guy wasn't going to tell me anything then I wasn't talking to him. I went right back to my room where Tikki was waiting.

"Hello Dear." She said. "I hope dinner was to your liking.."

"It was. Thank you." I said.

"Good now I've already started your bath so I suggest you get in before the water gets cold." Tikki said. "And while you're bathing I'll get your bed ready."

"My bath?"

It turns out I had my own private bathroom in my room and boy, was it a bathroom. It was gorgeous, complete with a tub and a closet of different soaps, shampoos, conditioners, shaving creams, razors, and towels. I wasn't too comfortable bathing in a stranger's house at first but I couldn't just reject hygiene, so I pulled out a few of the toiletries, locked the door, and unchanged for my bath. The water was perfectly warm and scented with rose petals. It was one of the best baths I had ever had. After I had rinsed and dried off I went back into my bedroom to find find my bed unmade and new sleepwear laid out.

It was a white nightgown that was thin and light, next to it was a white robe that matched it perfectly. I dressed into it and tied her my hair back into pig tails before going to bed. It was the most comfortable bed I had ever gotten into. My pillow was so soft was their down in it? My sheets were very cool, and my rose quilt was very warm and cozy. For awhile I tried to stay awake due to fear but eventually I fell asleep.

Around midnight I woke up to the sound of howling. At first I thought I was dreaming but after awhile I realized that there was something in the house making that noise. Curious, I slipped on my robe and went out of my room. I followed the strange noise as it lead me down the hall, as I got closer to it, it began to sound more and more like a poor animal suffering in pain. It was coming from the room at the end of the hall. My instincts told me it was a bad idea but unfortunately my curiosity overruled it. I opened the door, hesitated before entering then walked inside.

Then I saw him, he was on the ground scratching and mauling at his face while howling in pain. I was so scared I could hardly breathe I tried to walk back quietly but the floor creaked getting his attention. He looked at me.

"What are you doing here?! Don't look at me!" He shouted. "Don't look at me! Stop it! Get out! Don't look at me like this!"

I ran out of his room, this guy was insane. He was crazy enough to attack himself imagine what he could do to me. Forget what happens to my uncle it's not worth being torn to shreds by this mad man. I opened the door and ran outside into the freezing cold. Perhaps I should've brought I jacket or something but I was so scared and desperate to get out of there that I didn't really think about proper clothing. Suddenly I heard something growl, I turned to see him running after me on all fours in the snow that only made me pick up my speed and run faster. Nothing stopped me not even the frozen lake which I hoped that I would make across before it broke but the ice was a lot thinner than I thought. I heard a loud crack and the last thing I remembered before blacking out was feeling so cold that it hurt.

Adrien pov.

I didn't mean to scare her like that but she didn't understand. I truly hated how I looked, there were nights when I hated my looks so much that I would try to claw out my face. I didn't care if it hurt I just wanted it gone. It was a horrifying display and I didn't want anyone to see me like this especially not Marinette. Now that she had seen it I wanted to die. She probably thought I was a monster now or some psycho. Then I heard the front door to my mansion open. Was she running away? I looked out the window to see that she was. No! Not now! I had to stop her. I noticed she had gone out without a coat so I brought a blanket with me. When she saw me going after her she ran even faster.

I had hoped she would stop once she reached the lake but she didn't and my heart dropped when she fell through the ice. I dove in after her and broke through the lake holding her unconscious body. I wrapped her in the blanket I brought and walked back to my mansion. She shivered and whimpered but I hushed her to sleep until we got back. I took her back to her room and tucked her back into her bed once I was sure she was safe and warm I went back to my room hoping neither one of us would have a fever in the morning.