Chapter 11-Broken Hearts & Nasty Remarks

KATYS POV

I ran through the parking lot. Darn! I shouldn't ever wear heels to see Justin Bieber! Tears rolling down my face, I ran and ran.

JUSTIN POV

I pushed open my coach bus door.. and tripped down the steps. How did I not know who she was? How could I hurt a fan? It doen't matter that is was my ex, but I just lost one of the most important  fans ever. Now I really hated being famous. I glanced around for the girl. Then  I ran. "Justin!!!!" Ryan screamed as I ran past him. I didn't care about stopping for a chat, and this is gonna sound bad, but I also didn't care who was calling my name. I sprinted down the dock, looking for my first love, the girl I had shared my first kiss with. Lips like velvet. Tasting like candy.

SHMACK!  I ran into a girl who had makeup smeared all down her face...

"Katy!" I said. I had my hands on both of her arms to keep her from running again. She had the same look as she did the day she slammed the door to her heart on me. It tortured me.

"Katy! I am so sorry." I shouldn't have left you like that four years ago. It was wrong. And I am so sorry." I pulled her to my chest, smelling her perfume drove me insane. It brought tears to my eyes. "It won't ever happen again!" I continued. "I promise!"

"Yeah. You can bet your butt it won't!" she said wrenching away from my grasp. "I don't want your paranoid excuses or lies. Back four years ago I didn't either! I never did. I just wanted the truth. But I guess I can't get my fantasy when I am dating Justin Bieber. I know that now. And I won't ever be making the mistake again!" And with that she walked away.

KATYS POV

I walked away, heels clicking with rhythm. Justin just stood there, mouth open gawking like an idiot. Serves him right, I thought.

Two Days Later....

I laid on my bed, picturing his face as I walked away, head held high. Picturing the face of him on the bus.

"Ugh!" I grunted. This intense pain was killing me. My face swollen and my eyes puffy, I heard yet another knock at my door.

Knock. Knock. "Go away." I spat miserably.

No answer, just cold silence. Interesting. I thought. I sighed, grunted, and slid off my bed to go answer the door.

"I thought I told you to go away!" I yelled, expecting to see the face of my annoying little brother Jack and his annoying little friends, but instead I saw something else.

"I uh...brought you flowers." Justin said sweetly. He gave me the flowers, but kept the teddy.

Then I noticed it. Red, blood-shot red puffy eyes. He had been crying.

"Justin." I said flatly.

"Uhm. Hey Katy. Can we talk?" he said looking at his Supras.

Poor kid. I came to conclude I would let him in. But only for a little while.

I watched him closely as I said " You have ten minutes." I opened my door wider to let him into my house.

"Katy. I miss you!" he began. "Honest."

"But you hate your fans?" I said avoiding his eyes. I followed him into my room.

"No. I was just....."

"Clueless? On cloud nine? On the pillow you expect me to fluff for you.?" I finished.

"Yeah. Basically. I screwed up. Big time! I did and I am not afraid to admit that either. I think I got all ittsy when you kept prodding at who that girl was in that photo. I was just angry because every girl and all the Paps are trying to get all up into my business. Sometimes they succeed too. And write some crap about me in whatever magazine they work for. The fans are pushy too. But even though I have been a celebrity for almost four years, I am still adjusting to all this." he waved his arms frantically around himself. "And I am not used to it. Coming from a small town where you were absolutely nobody to go to being the next Michael Jackson over night is incredible. Incredibly scary." he said putting the teddy bear on my bed, resting him against the pillows adorned on my bed. As he leaned over I noticed his skinny jeans and yeah you know. When I knew him he sagged his pants down, but not that much. I looked away awkwardly. He turned around and I grunted and plopped down on my bed.

" Well you need to adjust fast, or you're gonna loose alot of fans." I said in a whisper, playing with the teddy bears' ear.

"Why are you so complicated?" he whined.

"Because I am a girl and we're complicated. I am surprised you haven't learned that by now." I answered.  He looked at his G-Shock.

"I gotta go." he said. With that he was gone.

Now all I had was flowers, a stuffed bear, and a broken heart.

I cried myself to sleep again for the millionth time that day.

I awoke to my phone blasting the tune of I'm Sexy and I Know it.

I grabbed it and cooked at the glowing screen. 18 Missed Calls. Wow! All from...Sara.

Sara is my best friend. We have been through a lot together recently. Her mom lost her battle with breast cancer and her little brother is really sick. We have been friends since first grade. Yes, we had the I-Am-Never-Going-To-Talk-To-You-Again moments , but we are still best friends and that's all that matters.

"Hey!" she answered on the third ring. "Where have you been babes?" she asked.

"Sleeping. Justin visited." I said flatly.

"Wow! Seriously? He's a jerk. Thinking he can screw with your heart and come and surprise you." she said angrily. I had already told her about what had happened at the concert. She was the one to pick me up.

"Did you cry again?" she asked knowing that she already knew the answer.

"Yeah..." I said plopping down on the bed.

"Girllllll. You need to let it loose. Let your hair down." she said a matter of factly.

"No. I don't feel like..."

"Yeah you do....I am coming over and we are going to get you swagged up. And then we are gonna go to the new place in town. It's a restaurant slash bar slash club. And we are going to go tonight. You need to let it loose and forget about Bieber." she finished taking a breath.

"Is it that new place...uh. Straits?" i asked not really liking where this was headed.

"Yeah that's the one! It's owned by the one and only Ludacris!" she said letting out a hoot.

"I am not really up for meeting..." that girl cut me off again.

"We are going to Straits whether yah like it or not! And get that attitude into partying mood. When I get there in like two minutes, you better be ready to P-A-R-T-Y!" she said as she hung up.

You know what? She was right. I do need a change in enviorment and a new attitude. i needed to let my hair down and forget about him. He was a bad mistake and it was time to erase him.

Sara came over with a bag of dresses. I had decided I was going to party like the world was ending on Monday. I chose the tightest one and applied my makeup and put my heels on.

As we were leaving I grabbed a couple of Advil 'cuz I had a feeling I would need it.