The Mysterious Case of Breaking and Entering

Start from the beginning

His hand was soft, which he found surprising since he viewed Jasper as a bad boy who lifted things with is hands and got into numerous fights. Gray shook his head and walked further into the darkness behind Jasper. He wasn’t pussy or anything so darkness didn’t exactly have him wetting himself. However it seemed so surreal in the dark with Jasper and boxes upon boxes of unknown things; not to mention they had kinda just broke into a warehouse.   However for some reason, he felt safer than he ever had with the other boy that very thought alone scared him.

“I come here to think,” Jasper stated. Walking through the room, Gray watched as Jasper’s eyes wondered along the walls but looked at no place in particular.  Gray found he liked watching Jasper, there was just some familiarity in that action and he liked that fact.

Gray almost ran into Jasper as he came to a stop.

“And to paint,” he murmured, his strong arm coming up to stroke one of the paintings on the wall.  Gray realized with fascination that it was the one he had seen today when he was walking with Sky.

“You did this?” Gray murmured, his eyes going over to look at the wolves again.

“Yes, do you like it,” Jasper asked airily. Gray nodded.

The stood there for a while in a comfortable silence, looking at the painting in the darkness of the ware house.

“So you’re not in the mob, then what was that conversation you were having?” Gray asked, breaking the silence. He wasn’t sure, but in the darkness he was convinced he saw Jasper’s features contorted oddly with rage.

“That was nothing for you to be concerned about,” Jasper somewhat growled.

“You said you’d be honest,” Gray reminded him. Jasper's head turned to the side to look at him, and Gray could make out his usual smirk.

“His name is Cain Sapphire,” Jasper breathed.

Gray was shocked, but he couldn’t skip a beat if Jasper was actually willing to come clean.

“What did he want with you?” Gray asked.

Jasper paused for a second, Gray bit his tongue as he waited for Jasper to answer.

“He doesn’t like my family, or what’s left of it anyway,” he sighed. Again Gray could see the tiredness in Jasper’s eyes that threw him for a loop.

“He’s not…dangerous, is he?” Gray muttered quietly, tucking his hands in his pockets and looking at Jasper.

“He’s usually more…bark than bite,” He smirked, as though he was sharing in his own joke. Gray had the urge to roll his eyes.

“Those two guys, at school today, are they your brothers?” Gray asked.

“They are.”

“They’re huge,” Gray muttered walking now because the ware house was freezing cold on the chilly November night.