Chapter 13- You're Dead

HELLO! Remember how I said I'm not a quitter? WELL I'M NOT. Enjoy another cringey chapter of SLINTHEAD!

____________________________________

Previously on Slinthead:

"In a fluid movement, I thrust a knife that I had hid in my pants. I plunged it into his back, without hesitation. And stabbed him in the back." 

"I can tell you're lying. I can tell from your eyes you are. You stabbed him in the back. But you were forced to, right?" -Officer Mist

"I'm very sorry for you. But I can assure you, nothing like that is going on. I'm fine and so is my mom."

______________________________________________________

Guilt it a hunter. And for the past hour, it's chosen me as it's target.

I tried not to think of Blake. In fact, I would do anything to get rid of his bloody back racing in my head.

I sluggishly got out of bed, and a piece of paper crumpled under my foot. Any other day I would've kept on walking, but for some reason I paused to pick it up.

It was a crumpled piece of paper, and I recognized it as the little slip Officer Mist gave to me right before she let me go.

Opening it up, it was her phone number.

If I called her, everything would be perfect, I thought.

Subconsciously, I shoved the paper deep into my pockets.

Today was not the day to call her. I had better places to be.

*-*

I don't know how my legs ended up here. I found myself in the entrance of the hospital. My legs seemed to have a mind of its own, as I ran inside the building.

I found a large brown table, with a placard saying "REGISTRY". Running towards it, I was faced with a old woman with gray locks of hair.

"Oh well well well, if it isn't old lil Flo!" The old woman crooned.

My eyebrows furrowed as I took a closer look at her. Then it hit me- she was that one woman who named herself as "Granny Joe"!

I blink.

"You work here?" I mustered in pure shock.

She let out a deep laugh, which I wouldn't expect out of her.

"Oh honey, I work everywhere." She answered in a frail voice, her eyes twinkly.

I didn't know what that meant but I let it pass. Before I could open my mouth to ask, she already interrupted me.

"Oh, I know you're here to meet him. Humph, too bad he can only see his family." She said.

I closed my mouth and turned to leave.

"But, since you two are love birds, I guess I can let you slip." She calls to me.

I don't have the energy to correct her, so I turned to give her a smile. I'm so grateful she's actually letting me go.

"Thank you." I said, meaning it.

"Sure, just hurry back before the doctors come.  And he's in room 20, second floor." Granny Joe says.

She hands me a sticker that says "FAMILY" and her signature under my name.

"Just in case." She says.