Chapter 9- Messed up Family

C h a p t e r  9

Florence Walker 

"Come in...I guess." I said hesitantly.

The taller one, supposedly my Dad, took off his mask. He looked to be in his late forties, but his high-school charm still remained. His pale blue eyes looked icy, as if someone took two pieces of ice and painted it the faintest blue. His brown hair was evenly parted, with streaks of gray hair.

"If you're my Dad... who's he? I said, pointing to the shorter one.

The shorter one took off his mask. His face had translucent folds of wrinkly skin. His hair was fully gray.

"I'm your grandpa!" He said.

I found that hard to believe.

"But... Gran always told us that you disappeared off with this woman called Bridget!" I said.

The old man began to blink. He suddenly threw his head back and laugh.

"That's what they tell you. I've been traveling this this one." He said, jerking a thumb to Dad.

"I've seen you've filled out... I already knew you would, seeing your mother had a curvy figure as well. How interesting..." Grandpa said. His arm reached out to feel my chest, but I yelped and scooted out of the way. What the hell?

There were a million ways I thought of this day would come. I thought the day my Dad came back, he would have this warm smile on his face, and maybe his arms would full of flowers. But that was a childhood dream. He now came before me, with an artificial smile, and hands full with nothing but bad news. I mean, why else would be here, after sixteen long years?

"What do you need from me?" I asked harshly. "I can still call the police."

Dad didn't respond. He looked at me almost wearily.

"Before you find what I need, you need to hear my past, don't you?" He asked.

I honestly didn't want to hear how my Dad and my grandpa were assholes in travel, but I nodded anyways.

"There was your mom, Olivia, and Florence. Three desperate girls." My dad said, smirking slightly.

I hated how he sounded like every girl was supposed to fall at his feet. Sounded a bit like Blake.

"I didn't known it being 16 years of age, but I had loved all of them. Only Florence a little more." He said.

"Olivia, like any other girl, was jealous. She pushed too hard on Flo, and she...well, ended her own life." He said bitterly.

I saw one tear slip out of his icy eyes. It was quickly hidden under the collar of his shirt.

"I noticed that your Mom was the only one who wasn't overbearing, and Olivia was already with Caleb..." He said trailing off slightly.

This was too much to take in. I turned to the window instead.

"Stop that!" Dad said sharply.

I turned around to look at him. He looked terrified looking at my face. He shook his head, as if trying to forget a disturbing image.

"You looked like her...Flo..." He said. His voice seemed to crack.

I realized he was through so much pain, that it was unbearable.

"Now that's all done, your Grandpa and I require a task for you." He said.

I nodded, feeling sad.

"We need you to-ah, finish off your mother." Grandpa said.

I stared at them. Was their sense of humor this bland? But the look on grandpa's face looked otherwise.