Chapter 2

*add Shotaro and Sungchan to the picture
A/N down there. Cote❤️✨
•—•

The dreadful class finally came to an end when the bell ring. Ten notices big grins on everyone's face and the class broke into a chattering mess. Even their boring middle-aged biology teacher was smiling while gathering her books.

Sighing in relief, Ten laid his head on the opened biology textbook. His mind dreading at the conversation he had with their dance club instructor, Kai.

Lunch hour

"Ten, wait up!" A voice suddenly called when Ten was walking with his friends to the cafeteria.

Turning to the voice direction, Ten saw one of their dance instructors, Kim Kai was rushing towards him. Ten gesture his friends to go first before waiting for Kai to arrives.

"What's up, hyung?" He greeted the panting older male. Kai waves his hand frantically, signalling Ten to wait for him to catch his breath.

"I was looking for you this whole morning but I don't know where your class is, and then Sehun scammed me into going to the other side of the academy where the kindergarten was. I'm dead tired right now." Kai explained breathlessly.

"Okay, calm down hyung. Let's take a seat and I'll grab you some water." Ten replied, guiding the older male to the bench and walks to the nearest vending machine to buys water bottle.

"So, why are you looking for me?"

"For the upcoming dance competition, Sehun and I agreed that we want to send a few teams. I want you to participate in the group dance and duo dance. Can you?"

"I— I think I can manage the group dance but duo? Usually, you send me for solo?" Ten was confused. He had joined some competition before in both group and solo. However, it would be his first time to be in a duo dance group.

"We decided to send Hoshi for solo this time. The reason we picked you for this because we think that you're the only person who can suit the sexy theme we're going with."

"But isn't the former duo that usually wins us awards is Taeyong and Yuta? Why are you not sending them? Plus, how am I supposed to find a partner for this kind of theme..." Ten's brows furrowed.

"Ah, so you still don't know? Yuta is going back to Japan for a few months, and he would not be able to join the competition. Plus he's been bugging me that he no longer wants to be partnered with Taeyong and Taeyong is fine with Yuta's decision. Therefore I need to find someone else to replace them." Kai's explanation erases all the confusion from Ten's face and replaces it with an emotion Kai cannot comprehend.

"Ten?"

"Oh— sorry hyung. I didn't know Yuta is going back to Japan. But, does Taeyong knows about this? This whole me and my partner had to replace them..."

"Not yet, but Taeyong normally goes along the flow so you can decide." Kai shrugged.

"What if he disagrees and make me his enemy? And to be honest hyung, I'm scared of him." Ten whines, pouting at the older male.

"You think too much, all those rumours are fake. You should know him better since you're close with his twins."

"The thing is I don't. He's unapproachable."