Step Three:

Watch Anime

Nearly all Japanese people living in Japan watch anime. Whatever you like, there is bound to be an anime with that genre.

Rock bands and rival love? Nana

Pirates? One Piece.

Cyborgs and/or bald punching men? One Punch Man.

Akuma trying to rid Fr world of humans and exorcists that save the humans? Blue Exorcist and D.Gray man.

Yaoi, Yaoi, and more Yaoi? Kioburu Bokura.

Stupid Countries as Humans trying to solve Economy in the cutest way possible? Hetalia.

Badass swords and people? Bleach.

Cute creatures you can make fight? Pokémon.

Ripoff of the anime above? Digimon.

Dueling with cards and Egyptian God Cards? Yu-Gi-Oh

Female protagonist that falls in love with a magical man she hates and somehow comes back to life at the end of the series? Pretear.

Swords and WiFi shit? Sword Art Online.

Giant evil beings jumped into walls and trying to eat the humans on the other side? Attack On Titan.

People running down the street on some Ninja bullshit? Naruto.

A bunch of homosexual jumps in school? Our an Highschool Host Club.

Want to watch something with a great storyline but shatters all your hopes and dreams at the end? Another, Tokyo Ghoul, and Heaven's Memo Pad.

Aliens that grow on your right hand and looks like a creature from the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy? Parasyte The Maxim.

There's some more listed below that I'm not sure how to describe:

Cow-Boy Be-Bop?

Boku No Pico

Black Butler

Sargent Frog

Fullmetal Alchemist

Soul Eater

Death note

Those are all the ones I know almost. I can't think off them all. Ask Japan for the full deets.