Chapter 2- Living A Lie

-Alec's Point Of View-

"O-Okay." Kiara stuttered, sluggishly walking to the stairs, almost tripping multiple times. I could hear her heart beating faster and faster as she climbed up the stairs. I turned to look at Faith, Kiara's mom, who was staring at the place that Kiara disappeared.

"I thought you said she didn't have the gene?" I asked, shocked. Kiara was acting like she was going through her first change into a wolf, but Faith told me that she never showed any sign of changing and it wasn't in her DNA.

"She doesn't. She's not changing, she can't. It's not-" Aaron started, but I cut him off.

"In her DNA. I know. But..." I trailed off, it was common werewolf knowledge to see someone experiencing the heat and confusion before their first change.

Tyler's wife, who's name I thought was Carrie, but was unsure spoke up. "Can't you smell it on her? You are her mate after all."

I opened my mouth to speak but Faith started speaking instead.

"She can't be his mate. Werewolves don't mate with humans. It's impossible." She cried, looking to her husband for help.

"It is impossible. So I don't know what you think you feel, or see, or smell when your around her but it's wrong." Aaron said, looking towards me. "And Carrie," So it is her name. "I know you like that idea of her finding her mate at such a young age instead of two years ago like you did but..."

"No, Aaron. Look at his face when he's looking at her, or touching her. I'm telling you that they are mates. She has to be a werewolf." Carrie replied, looking determined.

"She-OW." I cried, arching my back at the pain. What is this? Kiara? Is it Kiara? Where is she?

"Alec?" Tyler spoke for the first time, his head cocked to the side in confusion as I sunk to my knees.

"Kiara." I started, but clenched my teeth together as another wave of pain flashed through my body.

"What about her? She's probably sleeping." Aaron said, making him sound like the dumbest person alive.

"She's living a lie. She-Ah! Ow!" I cried again, my hands going to my head as confusion and fear flashed through me. She changing, she doesn't know what to do.

"She has no reason to know." Tyler added, and I noticed he got up from his seat to help me up.

"She's-She's changing. Right now. She's confused and scared. She doesn't know what's going on!" I growled, getting up as the pain subsided and was replaced with an urge to hunt. "She's out, she's not in the house anymore!" 

I dashed up the stairs, Faith following me immediately. I knew which room was hers, even before Kiara told me earlier, but I didn't want to sound like a creeper. I shoved the door open, my eyes searching the room. There was torn clothes on the floor, and the balcony door was wide open. I went to the balcony and there was scratch marks all over and paw prints bigger then the average wolf leading into the forest.

I turned to Faith, whose eyes were wide and frightened. "She doesn't even know what's going on..." Faith trailed off, tears forming in her eyes. "She must be so scared." 

"The animal took over. It's her first time." I replied, slightly angry. Why didn't they listen to me? 

I ran down the stairs into the kitchen and started stripping. I could barely hear Faith telling Aaron, Tyler and Carrie.

"What are you doing?" Aaron asked, his face guilty. He knew that he had done something wrong.

"Going after her. She might hurt someone." I replied, unzipping my pants and shoving them off. I looked at Carrie whose eyes were wide and unsurprised. She looked over at me, blushed and immediately averted her eyes. I sighed and left my boxers on with a frown. These are my favorite pair.