ix

(SIDE NOTE: IF YOU MAKE COVERS HMU CAUSE I NEED THEM)

hayes had held my hand through the entirety of takeoff, which mostly consisted of me trying to take deeps breaths and swearing under my tongue whenever the plane had the slightest touch of turbulence.

but hayes being hayes, fell fast asleep twenty minutes into the plane ride. he looked so cute and peaceful while he slept that i didn't want to wake him up.

i guess i hadn't really put much thought into planning what i was supposed to do for entertainment during this flight, because unfortunately i wasn't hayes and couldn't fall asleep at any given time or place, and apparently phones didn't work on planes, according to the snotty flight attendant.

i turned on some g-eazy from my music library, hitting shuffle and closing my eyes. planes turned out to be not so bad after all.

seven hours later

"shay!" i snapped my eyes open and looked up. hayes was calling my name and shaking my shoulder. "oh my god, you weren't waking up, i was scared." he looked frightened and his hair was sticking out in all directions.

i chuckled. "nice hair."

he immediately ran a hand through his locks in an attempt to fix it and just rolled his eyes. "i was calling your name for like five minutes."

"i'm a deep sleeper." i smile, taking in my surroundings. the plane seemed to be going down. it was night, the sky was dark and cloudless. "are we here?"

"yup. it's almost midnight."

"damn." i shook my head, standing up to stretch. the pilots voice came through the intercom, letting up now that we'd be landing soon.

"you fell asleep on my shoulder." hayes said, looking down at me.

"i'm sorry." i apologized, mentally cringing.

"why? it was cute."

hayes had been using that adjective for me a lot lately. it gave me butterflies in the weirdest way.

i just blushed and shook my head.

"why do you always deny it shay?" hayes asked.

"deny what?"

"whenever i call you cute or pretty or something you just shake your head."

"cause i'm not." i laugh.

"shay, stop. you're so pretty. beautiful."

"stop."

"look at me." he demanded in the kindest way possible, which took me by surprise a bit. "you're amazing, shay. stop denying it."

"i'm gonna keep denying it." i sing-songed, hoping he'd drop the subject.

"fine but i won't stop thinking it." he turned his head to the window as the plane hit the ground with a loud thud.

"oh my god, what was that. fuck, hayes, we're crashing." i grabbed his wrist and the arm rest, clinging on for dear life.