-11- Living Is Healthy

Tony raised his arm-repulser and Loki raised his staff, both glowing as they shot at each other. Tony's beam hit Loki, knocking him back, while the scepter missed Tony. I stood up as I heard the sound of the reactor going off. I uncurled my tail, turning visible, and walking to the window to glance up at the sky. Tony looked up as well, not noticing me. We both watched as the portal opened up, revealing a black abyss. When aliens started poring out of that black abyss, I got a little freaked out.

     "Right. Army," Tony said. He flew up and began attacking the Chitauri, shooting down one after the other. Glad I can't fly, then I'd actually have to go up there.

     As more and more kept coming down, Tony released tiny bullets which exploded several of the Chitauri. While Tony attacked, more of the Chitauri spread out on the city. I shifted back to my human form, figuring I'd have to fight sometime. Why do I even have a cat form? It's the closest thing to useless.

     The Chitauri began firing on the city, causing fires and over all mass destruction. I teleported down to a bridge under heavy fire, pulling people out of harms way. I grabbed a woman and pulled her off the bridge to safety.

     Well, it is good for stealth.

     "Go! Run to safety!" I shouted to her. "Everyone! Get off the bridge! Under cover!"

     But how often do I need that?

Many people listened to me, finding shelter, but a good many more remained frozen in fear. I moved as many people as I could to safety, but I couldn't save everyone. There were too many people and only one me. Even so, I chose to save the lives I could, and cry over those I couldn't later. I teleported to a man about to be crushed by a car, pushing him out of the way. I rolled with him, instead of being the stupid heroine you see in the movies who just stands there. I grabbed the man and his family, along with a few other people, getting them to a safe area. I was ready to fight the Chitauri, but none had landed yet as far as I could see.

After I was sure everyone was off the bridge I was currently on, I jumped off, running to a restaurant that was being shot at, ushering people inside. I grabbed a little girl who was crying for her mother, lost in the frantic swarm of people. I ran inside the restaurant with her as the rest of the people followed behind. The little girl clutched onto me and cried, begging for her mother. I searched the crowd with my eyes, there being too much chaos for me to hear, until I spotted a blonde haired woman calling for her child. Clutching the child to my chest, I made my way through the crowd, ducking under and around people, finally making it to the woman who gave a cry of relief when she saw her baby safe in my arms.

"Oh, thank you! Thank you!" the woman cried, gathering her child close to her. I smiled at her, stroking the little girl's hair once, before wading back out into the city. I continued what I'd started, getting as many people inside as I could, knocking them out of the way when a shot was fired. It's moments like these I wish I was invincible.

I grabbed another woman and pulled her out of the way of alien fire, ducking behind a car. As soon as the explosion finished, I pushed her in the direction of a relatively safe building. Actually, it's moments like these I wish I had Cap's shield. Or Cap for that matter.

Police cruisers started coming in, officers looking up at the sky in shock. No that's fine, you guys rest! I'll do your job for you!

"Stark we're on your three, headed north-east," Nat said through the com-link.

"What, did you stop for drive through?" Tony mocked.