-1- A Life Built

*5 Years Later*

     I hummed as I sashayed around my kitchen. I opened my oak wood cabinets, pulling out ingredients. Nothing like starting a morning with a bit of chocolate cake and tea. Due to the whole 'Cheshire' fiasco I decided to really embrace the whole persona, for no particular reason, just a bit of a pass time really. I had two cabinets full of tea cups and tea pots, each one decorated differently for my own personal pleasure.

     My body moved in time with the music around the kitchen, pausing briefly to turn on the stove and place the cake inside; my ears flicked and my tail swished in time to Gotye's 'Somebody That I Used To Know'. The song helped lift my mood. While I set the tea on the stove, I thought back to the past years. At twenty, I was fully settled into my new life. The farmhouse had needed a bit of work in the beginning, but that just made it feel more like home. I managed to stay under the radar for about a year, getting to know the people in the town and making a place for myself.

     That is until I happened to be in the wrong place, at the wrong time. Somehow the one time I was in town -I didn't go very often- there was a robbery. A robbery of all things! It's a small town, not much happens! Long story short, I helped out, stopped the bad guys, tied 'em up, and ran away before the sheriff or anyone else got there. Which, frankly, wasn't very hard. Like I said, small town. The law enforcement wasn't great there. Those poor thieves sat their for a good thirty minutes before our pot-bellied sheriff arrived. I thought I was safe, and that was the end of that.

     A day later S.H.I.E.L.D knocked on my door. Which... actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Clint Barton had been sent to 'check out the situation'. Back then, Clint was just starting out as an agent, trustworthy enough to find me, but still given the dirty work.

     After Clint finished his interrogation of me, he asked me to join S.H.I.E.L.D. I thought about it long and hard (10 minutes), and in the end decided I'd had enough of groups like S.H.I.E.L.D. I turned him down, still offering to assist if they ever truly needed me. We parted ways and, yet again, I assumed that was that.

     A couple months later, he popped up again, like that pesky white rabbit I used to read about as a kid. Apparently, he'd found out about my hacking skills and asked me to help him break into a few foreign files for a mission, saying he'd pay me. I agreed, and sort of became an unofficial agent. None of the other agents knew about me, except for Nick Fury of course, because he knew everything. After that my life mostly consisted of hacking for Clint, getting sparring lessons from Clint, figuring out my powers with Clint, and working around the house. I rarely left my property because of the cat-like features.

     During that time, I discovered a few things about myself. For one thing, I could turn into an actual cat, much to my displeasure. A pink cat, but a cat nonetheless. I also had claws that could come out where my fingernails should be, which, let me just say, was not fun finding out. I could fade out and became invisible, as well as walk on air. Like, hovering, except I could walk upside down if I wanted, and couldn't get more than ten feet off the ground. My hearing, sight, and smell had improved drastically, which I couldn't be sure was great or just downright freaky.

     Despite Clint's best efforts, and he really did try, I remained behind the scenes for a few years, till Clint needed me to get info on an assassin named Natasha Romanoff. After I gave him all I could, he took off and didn't come back for several months. When he did, he had a certain red headed assassin trailing behind him.

     A normal person would have been alarmed. However, seeing as my life had long been lost from normality, I invited her in for a cup of tea. It wasn't much, but I think that was exactly what she needed that day. That cup of tea was my gesture of friendship. It worked too, I couldn't tell who was more shocked when I made the assassin smile, Clint or Natasha herself.

     After the joining of our little trio, Clint finally managed to convince me to go on a mission with him. From that point on, I mostly stayed behind the scenes, but would venture off my land every now and again, just to get the trio back together. Bonds were formed, past secrets were spilled, and a new future was made. Clint and Natasha were my closest friends; we trusted each other with our lives. Clint even let me visit his farm where Laura and the kids lived. Laura became like a sister to me, and I became Aunty Wyn. I'm sure S.H.I.E.L.D still keeps tabs on me, but they leave me alone.

     The sound of my bells ringing from the doorbell slowly pulled me from thoughts of S.H.I.E.L.D. With a flick of my ears, I appeared at my front door. The lazy grin resting on my lips vanished when I opened the door to reveal the one and only, Nick Fury.

     Well, speak of the devil and he shall appear.

------------
(If you're seeing random updates that aren't new chapters, it's because I'm editing. I usually edit before I post, but apparently I missed some things.)

I know it's short and quick, but I wanted to get past the last several years and move onto avengers. This just helped sum up some things.

The outfit at the top is basically what she wears everyday. She has a bunch of different corset style tops and usually wears jeans. The corsets are kind of her thing. Not that any of this is really important but I thought you should know.

I will also be posting her "superhero costume" eventually, once she meets up with the avengers and becomes a "hero".