-7- Old Fashioned Hacking

I sat with Natasha at the front of the plane for the rest of the trip, examining my nails while ignoring everyone. I had a headache from all the overthinking I was doing today. I hadn't even spoken to Thor yet, whom I hadn't seen since his last visit. He and I had grown to be close friends, and I'd missed him while he was gone. He was the one I got my swords from, made from the same metal as Thor's hammer. You didn't have to be worthy to lift my swords or anything, because then I wouldn't be able to pick them up, defeating the whole purpose of the swords. They were just slightly heavier than normal swords. And better.

I looked up from my hands as Natasha announced we were approaching the Helicarrier. I teleported the rest of the way, appearing in the lab with Dr. Banner. He jumped, startled at my sudden appearance. Banner was the only one I actually cared if I startled. He was a pretty low-key guy as it was, and I didn't want to freak him out. Especially with the whole 'turning into a green rage monster' thing.

"Sorry," I apologized.

"No, that's.. fine. I should have expected that," he muttered before turning back to his work. Finally! Someone understands!

I looked over Banner's shoulder to see what he was doing. I examined his work and asked if I could assist. He was a little hesitant at first, but soon we got into the groove of things and were working silently side by side.

My ears twitched as I heard loud footsteps coming down the hallway. I looked up to see S.H.I.E.L.D agents marching with Loki in tow. Bruce looked up at my movements, and saw the soldiers as well. I watched as Loki locked eyes with Bruce and smirked till he was out of sight. Banner looked down and rubbed his nose before looking back up again, seeming disturbed.

"That guy gives me the creeps," I voiced, breaking the silence.

Bruce looked over at me. "Yeah.. he does," he said looking worried. I was about to speak up when Natasha entered the room, interrupting me. That's twice in one day. Didn't they teach her manner's in spy school?

"Wyn, Dr. Banner, we're gathering in the control room," Nat said. I walked towards her with Bruce following behind.

"Who's we, exactly?" Bruce asked.

"I'll let Nat answer that for you. You missed a few things on our little escapade," I said, flicking my ears. The lab faded around me, and I reappeared in the meeting room. I landed in the middle of an awkward silence, in the back of the room, yet again. Ooh, hey guess what? No one's noticed me yet! What a surprise. If I were to set off fireworks, would they notice?

"You guys really need to start paying attention to your surroundings. At least Bruce notices when I enter a room,"
I spoke, making them turn quickly towards me. "I honestly don't understand how you lot have survived this long."

Thor turned to me with a large smile.

"Lady Wyn! It is good to see you again, my friend," he said, stepping forward to wrap me in a big bear hug. My feet were lifted off the ground, due to our height difference. And again I say, curse these tall people.

     "It's great to see you too, Thor," I breathed out, patting his back.

     "You two know each other?" Cap asked.

     "Yeah. Met him in New Mexico last year. Was there even a file on me? I feel like no one knows anything about me on this team," I questioned as Thor put me down. I looked to the table and saw a screen with security footage on it. I walked over to it and watched as Loki was placed in a large glass container. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Nat and Bruce walking into the room.