Chapter 20

Sweet as Venom

"Leigh I can't just leave." While my head was screaming yes get out now- my heart was starting to throb. "I can't just leave him."

Leigh took the empty suitcase from my hands. "You have seen how the girls get treated around here. You have seen how the wives are put second. Do you think for a second Saxon will be any different? Do you really think that this baby will have him at your beg and call? Cause I'm telling you Gabriella, you will always be second and as for your child- well he or she won't even make the list. Sure Saxon will protect them. But he won't be there for their first steps hell he wasn't even there for the first ultrasound."

I knew Leigh was making sense. I knew he was right. Saxon would always put the club first.

"I can't just leave." I repeated feeling my heart starting to crack. "And neither can you."

"I've already been in contact with another charter. I'll patch back in with them. Because when it comes down to it Gabs. You come first in my books."

He started to empty my draws into the suitcase.

"At least let me say good bye." I grabbed Leigh by the arm. "Please."

He looked torn. "Fine. But if you aren't back and ready to go in ten minutes I'll be after you."

--

I stood in front of Saxon's door for a good few minutes before I opened it.

"Saxon?"

"Yeah?" He was putting on his leather vest, freshly showered- looking amazing. His black hair was still wet from the shower, and the smell of his body spray was in the air and it took all my will power not to run over to him and tell him I never wanted to leave his side.

"I have to tell you something." I finally said. Remembering why I was here. Even though I didn't want to do this- I knew I had no choice.

"Why do you look so serious?" He frowned. "What happened?"  He went to walk towards me and I put up my hands.

"It's better if we aren't touching."

He watched me closely. "What is it Gabriella?"

The way he said my name. The way it rolled off his tongue. So alluring.

"Leigh wants me to leave with him." I put my hand up again stopping him from speaking. "And I'm going with him."

"Gabriella-"

"Saxon stop. There isn't anything you can say that will stop me. You love this club. You live for this club." Tears swelled up in my eyes. "And I would never ask you to put it second. Or for you to give it up. But I have to be honest and tell you. I'm having this baby, and he or she has to be put first. I won't make you choose. I've made the choice for you." I inhaled sharply. "I love you Saxon. But I love you enough to let you off the hook for this one. I don't want to tie you down. This club needs you, more than I do."

"Gabriella-"

I cut him off. "Saxon I love you and if you love me, just a tiny bit, you won't make this any harder for me then it already is."

He shut his mouth and I watched him inhale sharply- then I saw it. The tears swelling up in his eyes.

"Goodbye Saxon." I had my hand on the door but before I could leave I had to add. "I'll send you a picture and you can make sure- he or she will know all about you."

My tears fell down my cheeks and I opened the door, closing it softly behind me. The tears didn't stop as I walked away. I loved him. But I knew he loved the club more. Leigh was right. I had to put myself first.

Though I was scared to do this on my own. I knew I could do it. I would always love Saxon and he had given me, a baby to love for the rest of my life and I would be forever thankful for that.

Then a hand wrapping around my arm pulled me to a stop. I wasn't sure what he was doing. Hadn't I just told him I was through- that I was leaving? Did he not hear those words?!

"I can't give you a stable life but I promise Ill give you everything I have." He lips twitched with nerves. "I'll do anything to make sure you are looked after."

"Will you leave the club?"
It was the dwelling question at the back of my mind if he really cared for me he wouldn't put me second.

He took two steps towards me cupping my cheek and I didn't see one bit of hesitation on his face.

"I'll hand my patch for you. I'll do it tomorrow before church."

And that was all I needed to hear he was willing to eput me first so I knew he would be capable of putting our child first.
ew
sHis other hand went to my stomach. "I promise to always protect you and our child till death do us part Gabriella."

"We aren't getting married Saxon."

"Darn straight we are." He looked at me firmly. "You're mine."

And just like that I got my sweetness mixed with venom. He'd always be poisoness but I knew he would never hurt me.

The end