Chapter 8

Sweet as Venom

Chapter 8

Focus.

If it was something I could do then I would be doing it. Instead I was drawing small circles in the corner of my notepad and wondering what Saxon was doing.

Wondering if he was outside.

Wondering if he was busy.

Wondering if I could somehow bump into him.

Since our ride home the other night I couldn't get my mind off anything that wasn't him. I had to admit it- even though it nearly killed me to do it but I was crushing and hard.

I had a crush on Saxon. A man that had no interest in me but still I was crushing.

"Come in?" I sung out after a knock on the cottage door. My heart beat jumped a bit- because what if it was him.

My dreams were squashed when Leigh walked in.

"You busy?" He closed the door behind him.

Seriously? Did I look busy?

"Nope." I closed my notepad. "What's up?"

"Was wondering if you could do me a favour."

"Depends on it I guess."

"I've got this problem and well..."He scratched the back of his neck. "I've got this woman that won't leave me alone."

"So?"

"So I don't want a fucking relationship. I screwed her once and now all of a sudden she is following me around and calling me pumpkin."

"Pumpkin." My lips spilt into a grin "Now that's just cute."

"Fucking embarrassing."

"So what do you want me to do?"

"There is a club BBQ tonight, I need you to come and be clingy to my side. You know scare her off."

"I'm not scary."

"You can be when you want to be and now I'm asking you to be."

"So you want me to hang around you all night shielding you from this chick, what do I get out of it?"

He crossed his arms, "The feeling that your helping your brother out."

"You know what, I'll do it only because I want to see what is so scary about this chick that you can't just dump her like the rest."

"Whatever as long as you are there and at my side."

"You sound so needy."

"Six tonight, wear something that won't have the boys staring at you."

"I'm sure there will be enough eye candy there for the boys."

He pointed a finger at me "Don't push it tonight all I need is you to get this chick off my back. So no punching."

"Like I would lift a fist to help you."

Seems my quiet night in had just changed.

--

I was in the middle of conversation with Flinch who was no good for you but to darn good looking to stay away from. The women would flock to him easily, he rocked the bad boy image nearly as good as Saxon.