I would gladly hit her back. With pleasure.

'Kari!' Zayn yells, pulling her back, away from me and pulling her hands down into his.

Then she pulls a hand free and instead of slapping me, she slaps Zayn. I gasp and then there's silence. Zayn let's go of her other hand and steps back. There are tears streaming down Kari's face.

Lana, Sam and Hannah stand up, take Kari by the wrist and take her outside. They slam the door shut and then Liam stands up and asks Zayn:

'Are you all right, mate?'. Zayn nods, frowning. It's all my fault Zayn got slapped. I shouldn't even be here. I'm the odd one out. I've messed up their relationship. They could've been happy, if I hadn't have intervened. Although, I don't want Kari to be happy. I want Zayn to be happy.

I look at Zayn face. One side is red, where she slapped him and the other is a normal colour.

I sit down on the sofa.

'I don't like Kari' Harry says, suddenly. Lou snorts.

'Nor do I. No one likes her, I think. Zayn, what do you see in her?' he asks him, voicing my thoughts. Zayn doesn't answer.

Then the door opens and Lana, Sam and Hannah appear again.

'She's going to the ice rink. She says she'll wait there for us. I'm not sure she'll apologise to you Reece. We did all we could' says Lana. Then Sam adds:

'Yeah, stupid girl. She'll apologise to Zayn, of course, but not you Reece. We've told her to stop shouting at you, too, but we're not sure she'll listen to us'

'Doesn't matter. Thanks anyway' I say, smiling weakly at Sam and Lana. Hannah comes and sits down next to me and puts her arm around my waist.

'Just ignore her. She's a childish girl, not ready to have a great boyfriend like Zayn or “friends” like us' she says. I laugh.

'You're right. Anyway, are we going ice-skating or what?' I ask. Everyone nods and stands up. Then we put hats and scarves on and thicker jackets.

Then we leave the hotel. Sometimes, I think it'd be easier if I wasn't friends with One Direction and particularly close to Zayn. Sometimes (not always) I wish I wasn't.

Zayn's P.O.V:

That slap stung. Why did she slap me? I didn't do anything wrong! I just helped a very good friend of mine get to our studio. What's so wrong about that?

I hope she apologises to Reece. I'd prefer it if she apologised to her instead of to me.

I really hate Kari sometimes. And sometimes I wonder if I actually love her. Do I love her? Or am I going out with her, just to get over Reece? If I'm going out with her to get over Reece and I don't love her, then (I'll admit it) it's wrong. If I break up with her, it could hurt her. I don't want to do that, even though I hate her sometimes.

She's a nice girl, if she doesn't get wound up. She's kind, generous and sometimes, she's good fun. But that's about it. She's not the prettiest of girls, but not the ugliest either. Not like Reece. She's one of the prettiest girls I know.

'Hey, Zayn. Snap out of it, bro. Kari's waiting for you' Louis says to me, clicking his fingers in my face. We're at the ice rink. It's very big and there's loads of people skating already. I nod at Louis and start walking over to Kari.

Reece's P.O.V:

'Aaagh!' I squeal, wobbling. Harry puts his arm around my waist and starts moving along. I grab onto his other arm and laugh.