Almond Milk

A/N So I saw this prompt on Instagram and thought that Camren would look hella cute in this prompt

Camila's POV

I was casually chatting with Dinah who was manning the cashier and Normani who sat on top of the counter as I made the drinks for the customers at the small corner cafe we worked at.

"...and then she just came at Mani and all hell broke so fucking loose, that hoe got some Kordei backhand to the face! Oh my God, Mila if only you were there!" Dinah laughed, clearly proud of the darker skinned girl. Normani just smirked and sassily flipped her hair,

"In my opinion, she had it coming." I just chuckled and finished the drink I was making to call out the name written on the side. The guy picked up his drink and I offered a polite smile, which was quickly ended as Dinah rushed over and whispered,

"Ooh, Mila your wife is here. Ya know, I think- I think I'm just gonna go and clean some tables or something and let you get this one." Dinah whispered as Normani quickly followed her who picked up a cleaning rag and already picked a table to stake out and watch my interaction with the green-eyed beauty, not even making an effort to clean the tables,

"Yeah, let you get into her pants." Normani teased, smirks plastered to their faces.

"Wait! No, Dinah! Dinah!" I frantically whisper-yelled, my cheeks turning crimson.

The bell at the cashier rang, signaling me to help the person at the front, who just happened to be none other than the green-eyed girl. I took a deep breath and tried to be as casual as normal.

"Hey Lauren, what can I get you?" Her eyebrows cutely furrowed as she squinted at the menu behind me, her full pink lips moved gracefully and then curved into a smirk.

"Camila? Hello? Did you hear me?" I quickly snapped out of her trance and blushed,

"Oh, I'm sorry, what was that?" I apologized.

"I think I'll just take my usual medium caramel latte- oh by chance, will today be my lucky day that I get almond milk?" She asked hopefully.

I apologized, "Sorry, not today, or anytime soon, but come again tomorrow and try your luck." I said with a wink. I could hear Dinah and Normani saying things like, "You get em', tiger!" and "That's my girl!" I quickly sent them a glare.

Lauren glanced over at Dinah and Normani and laughed contagiously, "I guess my little lactose intolerant heart will be taking my latte with soymilk, today."

I apologized again and made her drink for her when she came to pick it up her hand brushed mine.

"I'm going to make a wish tonight, so that just maybe I can have some almond milk tomorrow morning. Anyways, thanks Camz! See you tomorrow!" She called to me as she walked out of the small cafe. Not a second later Dinah and Normani ran over surrounding me with questions about her and something about a 'Camren wedding'. But I didn't hear much because I was too focused on the green-eyed girl who had captured my attention with her beautiful self and her strange need for almond milk.

~The Next Day

~Lauren's POV

I rushed down the street, excited to see the cute brunette from the coffee shop. God, I had to ask her out one of these days...That was the only reason I came back to the same coffee place every morning, sure their coffee was decent, but there was at least twenty Starbucks on the way to my workplace, which were sure to have almond milk. Regardless, I would rather spend those ten minutes every day with the cute barista. I entered the small cafe, the bell above the door signaling her entrance. All three baristas, Camila and friends looked up simultaneously. The one with 'DINAH' on her name tag, just freaked and dragged a blushing Camila to the cashier and dragged the one with 'NORMANI' on her tag to a booth, as they did just about every morning. But not before whispering something that was supposed to be encouraging in Camila's ear along with a quick slap to her ass in a 'Go get em' kinda way. Just as I did every morning, I walked up to counter and asked for my usual since she already knew what it was from the countless times I had been there, we just exchanged a few words of casual small talk. I chuckled at her as Camila tripped a bit on her words, a crimson faint on her cheeks. I just hoped something would happen that would give her another excuse to talk to her. Bare of ideas, I picked up my latte and took a sip. Was that almond milk? It IS almond milk... Did they finally get almond milk? The questions plagued me causing me to halt. I turned to Camila who was busying herself with making more drinks.

"Is this almond milk?"

Confused, but quickly finding context Camila nodded shyly.

"Did you guys just decide to buy almond milk and add it as a option?"

"Um no actually, I decided to buy a carton of almond milk for you. I thought it would just make your day." she said with a small smile as she raised to show me a carton of almond milk.

"Oh my god! Thank you, that's so sweet of you! Wait- what's that?" I asked as I pointed to the section that had a sticky note taped on it. We read the sticky note that had "FOR CAMILA'S WIFE" with what resembled a heart eyes emoji next to it. Camila's eyes widened as she yelled at her friends sitting in the booth not far from us, "Dinah! What the hell is this?!" Dinah and Normani pretended to be oblivious to anything Camila was saying.

I just laughed, "Anyways, thanks so much, Camz!"

~Camila's POV

Lauren had decided to drink her latte in the cafe today and Normani and Dinah were being as silly as they are and said that it was my duty as 'her wife' to clear her table. I rolled my eyes and picked up the mug off of the booth Lauren sat at which acted as a paper weight on a folded paper napkin with "For Camila" in neat cursive. I unfolded the napkin only to read a small note written by the green eyed girl.

"Thank so much for the almond milk, totally made my day. I know it's just almond milk but you just made a girl's dream come true, and just to think it took one carton of that stuff. Anyway, I think it's only fair that I pay you back. How do you feel about dinner? Let me know. ;)

-Lauren"

Which also came with her number in the same neat handwriting. A huge smile couldn't stop from reaching my face. I quickly pulled out my phone and sent her a text.

"Dinner sounds great! See you soon, Almond Milk!"

A/N Let me know what you think