As Kasen and Roman walked to her, the daughter of Hades began.

"Where were you?! I thought we agreed on meeting at the big pine to go to dinner together!" She demanded, looking at the demigods in front of her with those dark piercing chocolate eyes that seemed to be staring right into your soul.

Roman winced at her best friend's sudden outburst and gave an apologetic smile "sorry...?" She offered.

Katherine scoffed "sorry?! I was waiting for you two half an hour!" She said, clearly upset.

Roman and Kasen looked at each other.
"Sorry, Jaxon and Mark again," Kasen mumbled, looking at Katherine. The girl's expression softened at the mention, then turned to look at Roman.

"What's your excuse?" She questioned, raising an eyebrow at the other girl.

Roman sighed "I'm so sorry Kat, I got distracted and forgot and then my dagger and the creek and the conch and then Kasen and then here," she said hurriedly, taking a deep breath after.

Katherine sighed "I'm only forgiving you guys because you can't live without me." She said dramatically, flipping her hair over her shoulder. Katherine rarely even smiled around people but things changed completely with Roman and Kasen.

Before walking into the pavilion, the daughter of Hades turned to look at the other two "were they bothering Kasen again because of...?" She trailed off as the two nodded.

Roman looked over at Kasen and saw the boy had his head low, looking at the floor. 

Kasen was gay, but only Roman and Katherine knew, since they were the people he most trusted, his best friends.

Not wanting anyone else to know, the three came up with the idea of Kasen and Katherine fake dating, to avoid any suspicions from the other campers. But somehow the Ares twins found out, and started taking advantage of that, threatening and bothering Kasen almost every day. 

Roman observed her friends for a moment.

Kasen, being the son of Neptune, was ought to have some respect, but apparently no one cared about that, since they treated him like any other camper. He was Roman, living in the Greek camp, that was another reason for the campers to treat him the same. It seemed to her like the people at Camp Half Blood weren't fond of romans. She wouldn't know, Kasen was the only roman demigod she had ever met. 

Katherine, was very attractive. In fact, if Roman didn't know her, she would suppose she was a daughter of Aphrodite. But the thing was, looks fooled everyone. Most guys were after her, but when they met her cold stare, they'd never look at the trio of friends again.

Then, there was her. Roman, daughter of Eros. Nothing special at all. She didn't have Katherine's looks, or Kasen's personality. She was...Roman. She didn't consider herself attractive. She knew she wasn't. She wasn't either the most powerful demigod, that also marked off points. Campers treated her equally as well, even tho she also had her own cabin. But wasn't considered anything over everyone else.

Roman was snapped out of her thoughts by Katherine waving her hand in front of her face, and Kasen looking at her weirdly.

"Sorry," she apologised, giving them a small smile "let's go in, shall we?" She said and walked in, not waiting for an answer.

The other two looked at each other and shrugged, each going to their respective tables.

Roman sat down at the Eros table, resting her head on her hand, her elbow on the table. She mumbled something as a pizza slice appeared on the plate in front of her.

She was about to take a bite of her glorious dinner when someone came in front of her, across the table. Her eyes widened in surprise but relaxed as she looked up and saw Brooklyn Delano and Draco Hoelin, sons of Aphrodite.

The two smirked at her "aye Rom, heard you confronted the twins again?" Brooklyn said, raising his eyebrows at her.

If Roman was asked, she'd probably say Brooklyn was one of the most attractive guys at camp, along with his half brother Draco, but he was openly gay. 

Draco, he was the typical school jock. Made both genders swoon at his very presence, and everything he said was either something inappropriate or of bad humor.

Roman raised an eyebrow at the two "yeah, so?" She asked, taking a bite of her pizza. Rumors in camp spread faster than her desire to punch the Ares twins in the face. 

"That no one ever confronts them, little one." Draco explained, ruffling the younger girl's hair "they're too ugly and scary."

Roman glared at him and swatted his hand away. Not only Draco, but most of her friends liked to take advantage of Roman only being 16 years old, and treat her like a child just to tease her.

"Okay, one, don't touch my hair. Two, that's not true. Many people have confronted them multiple times." She said, taking a sip of the soda in her golden goblet.

The older boys looked at each other and chuckled. They both knew she was right, they just wanted to find another way to annoy her. "if you say so." Brooklyn said, annoyingly making the 'so' longer. Draco ruffled her hair once again and they both left to the Aphrodite table.

At the middle of eating her pizza, she felt someone piercing her back with an intense stare. She didn't even need to look back to know who it was. She smirked a bit and slowly turned, meeting the cold glare of Calcey Jennings, daughter of Hermes.

Roman couldn't exactly remember what made them dislike each other, but everything about Calcey made her want to smash her tongue with a door. And somehow she knew Calcey thought the same.

The girl apparently was the most sweetest person to everyone. To everyone but Katherine and Roman. Just because she was Draco's friend, she was always included in the hangouts and the group of friends, but she deeply hated her.

And honestly Roman could care less.

She got up from her table and walked to the fire in the center of the pavilion, passing by the Hermes table, giving Calcey a sarcastic smile "enjoy your meal," she said sweetly to her, making the other girl smash her goblet down on the table violently, clearly irritated. The last bit of pizza that was left on her plate, Roman burned it as she whispered a small prayer for her father. Before walking out of the place, she turned around and observed the tables full of demigods. Her eyes met with the eyes of her friends one by one, giving them a small nod. 

They all nodded back. Over the years of friendship, the group of friends had developed a very promising sign language, in which a simple stare could mean multiple things.

She walked out of the pavilion, her hand gripping her dagger tightly.