01 • someday

Chapter 1 

Someday

I sat on the bay window with Riley, listening to her ramble about how the cowboy treated her at an ice cream shop and yadi yadi ya. 

"And we started tearing each other's clothes, you know?" 

My head snapped at my innocent best friend, and I exclaimed, "You did what?!"

"Maya, do you really think I'm ready to do that with Lucas? I know something's up with you. I just said that to get your attention, peaches."

Peaches, aw. I love Riley.  

"You're right, something is up." I looked down at my lap and started playing with my hands.

"Maya, what's going on?" She laid her hand on mine to stop my fidgeting, a bad habit I've picked up whenever I'm nervous since I lost myself. When I found myself, it seems to me habits stay for a while.

"Your uncle is what's going on." I sighed. If I look into her eyes, I know it'd remind me of him. 

"Maya, I thought you guys came unto an agreement?"

"We did," I started and looked into her eyes, "but I didn't know I'd be hurting this much."

She hugged me. That's all I needed right now. Comfort.

Knowing my feelings are requited, it somehow hurt me. It's probably because I could be with him. But not at this time. We were so close to being, something. So, so close. Oh how Time is a bitc-- cruel.

"Maya, take this 'someday' as something else than an enemy. Please use it as your hope. Because he did tell you, he's out there for you. You just have to wait for the right time. It will come."

"If you say so," I said as I caressed her hand, telling her I'll be fine. "As long as I have you, I'll be fine peaches."

It has been a month since Josh and I made that deal. I miss the warmth I felt when he and I held hands, how he didn't let go, how he looked at me... I remember how I used to say hope is for suckers. I changed, I grew up. And I really, really hope, that someday will come.

*****

author's note 

just a small note saying this story will be in Maya's point of view, and I hope you love this story!

xox, dominique :)