Chapter Eleven - Alone

Btw my music choices are as diverse as my choice in a partner.
(This song is Alone by Sleeping With Sirens) Enjoy!

Rin

Why don't you go inside Shark?

I faltered, and looked around sharply.

Don't tell me, you don't remember me?

I yanked the door open and dove inside. Jax was waiting on the couch, her eyes dull and sad. "I'm sorry."

I opened my mouth to speak, but my world tilted and I collapsed, slamming onto the floor. I tried to gulp air, but it was like I couldn't breathe. Jax leapt up. "Oh my god, what's happening?"

"P-pills. Top...cabinet," I whispered.

Jax fetched them, and soon I was able to sit up. I took a few deep breaths to calm my lungs and my heart. It's been a while since I had a panic attack, and fortunately that one ended as soon as it started or else it would've ended up very bad. Was it the texter or Jax that set me off? Who was this texter anyway? Jax fidgeted.

"I'm really sorry, I shouldn't have kissed you or anything without asking you or without a warning. I'm...I'm-"

I let out a small laugh. She glanced up, startled. "You may be sorry, but I think...I don't think I am," I said carefully, and offered her a small smile.

She flushed, and started wringing her hands together. "Oh, well, I, um..."

I sat up straighter. "But I may need some time, okay?"

She nodded and sighed. "We'll still be best friends, right?" She looked at me with wide eyes.

I pulled her into a hug. "Of course."

"What was that though? I got so scared, and you collapsed and-"

"Oh that? When I get overly nervous my anxiety spins out of control and I end up having severe panic attacks. Luckily it didn't have enough time to start for it to be severe."

"What, um, what made you nervous?" she whispered, looking down.

I exhaled. "You did, honestly. I didn't know how to approach you, but I'm glad I did." I didn't tell her about the texter, so as not to needlessly worry her.

She was a light color of pink, and I found it a little eerie but cute. Jax was always loud and obnoxious, and flirtatious with everyone. However, I was the one that could make her shy and bashful, and that swelled me up with vain pride.

Jax took a deep breath. "So...I was wondering, do you, uh, do you want to go on a date?"

I cocked my head. "A date? Where?"

She nibbled on her bottom lip. "The mall? We haven't gone in forever."

I pinched her cheek and she squeaked. "Sure, why not."

She beamed, and stood to rush off to bed. "Goodnight!" she exclaimed, and then vanished into my room.

My phone buzzed and I looked down anxiously.

I would advise not going to the mall tomorrow.

Why?

Your mother is going to be there.

My mother is on a business trip!

Not her, your real mother, Lucille. The mother that abandoned you and left you for dead.

How do you know that? How do you know any of this?

I know you better than you know yourself, Rin.

How do you know my real name? How do you know Lucille?

When you remember me, you'll know the answer.

Who are you?

No response.

I growled and threw my phone across the room, sinking to the floor. Lucille. Just the mere thought of her sent chills down my spine and made my blood boil with rage. How dare she show up? And who dare text me about that witch? The only one that knew anything about her and my past was Evan, and he was most likely busy doing the dirty with a certain hunk of a man if you know what I mean. Not even Jax knew about her.

That settled it. This was probably a prank or something just to scare me. I was still going to the mall with Jax. I promised her. I retrieved my phone when I saw the screen light up.

When have I ever lied to you, Rin?

I shut my phone off and walked to the bathroom, splashing my face with cold water.

If Lucille was in town, why would she go to the mall? Was she doing it for me? No, Jax only brought up the mall today. So why was she going to be there?

Against my better judgment I texted the mystery man again.

Why will Lucille be at the mall?

I waited.

Her new husband opened a store. She's going to introduce herself to the higher ups. Perhaps you'll even see me tomorrow.

Really?

No.

I frowned and paced. Making my way to my room, I flopped beside Jax on the bed. I put my phone on silent and began dozing off.

Ha, Lucille?
More like Lucifer.

Okay okay what do you think? I wanted to make a plot twist in the future, so in the next few approx chapters, expect the reveal of who Mystery Man is!! Ooh exciting.
Also, check out my lovely boyxboy book:
Black Forest
It's about shifters hehehehehe
K see you next update.
À plus tard!