Chapter Ten - Unwanted Attraction

Rin

Jax was sitting on the couch in one of my slightly oversized t-shirts, wearing nothing on the down low but lacy purple underwear. Her hair was curled to perfection and lay gently over her shoulder, and she had her head on the back of the couch, dozing softly.

She's been at my house for a few days now, and since the incident she hasn't been able to sleep very well. At first she didn't want to talk to me, out of embarrassment I think, but eventually she couldn't stand the silence. The day we faced off against her parents I called my own, letting them know that Jax and Bea would staying with me until they returned from their business trip. They were both upset but because it was for work they couldn't drop everything and rush over like they wanted to.

I was glad I could be as comfortable around Jax as I was, and I was also happy that I could wear very little clothes or even just underwear without having to worry about being judged.

I hopped onto the couch, and my bare leg accidentally touched hers, sending new and surprising electricity up my body. I jumped. That never happened with anyone else before.

Jax looked peaceful asleep, and I noticed she had a strand of hair stuck to her lip. I quietly reached over, half straddling her, as I moved to brush it away.

Jax's eyes opened groggily, and she moved slightly, causing my finger to barely brush across her lip, making her shiver. She slowly raised her arms, and I froze. Calmly, they slid around my waist and she tugged me until I was fully straddling her with one leg on either side, and my chest was pressed flush against hers.

It was then that I noticed the alcohol on her breath, and I released a small sigh of relief. If she was sober, she wouldn't be doing this.

Right?

With a low husky chuckle, Jax slowly slid her hands under my shirt, her cold fingers leaving a trail of goosebumps across my skin.

My face was flaming, and I pulled back only for her to grab my hips and pull me closer.

"Jax? What are you doing? S-Stop!" I cried, and she just winked suggestively.

"Where do you think you're going, hmm?" she murmured, and before I knew it her lips were pressed against mine, her tongue dominating my stunned mouth.

I put my hand on her shoulders, and pushed her off, trying to be gentle. "Jax, please. I don't want to do this."

She froze, and I stepped of her lap, embarrassed. It was then that I realized her eyes were completely clear. Her breath may have smelled - and tasted - like beer, but she was completely sober. She knew exactly what was going on, and she meant to do every single thing.

She glanced at her hands. "Sorry," she murmured.

I cleared my throat. "It's alright. I just don't want this to be what helps you through your pain. I'm here for you to help, but I'm not here to make you briefly forget."

Her eyes flashed - or did I imagine that? - and she frowned. "How could you say that? Is that what you think?"

I chewed the inside of my lip. "That is what I think. Why don't you get some rest? It's late."

She was silent, and I fidgeted awkwardly. "Goodnight," I said and turned away, heading to my room.

I felt super uncomfortable, and I sent a quick text to the first person that came to mind.