Chapter Three - Coffee

I pulled up to Jax's house in my blue Lexus 350, honking obnoxiously. I didn't even bother getting out; Jax knew it was me, and her parents didn't care. Almost instantly, Jax swung the door open looking like some type of model. White shorts, grey t-shirt, black and white high top converse, etc. She had a huge grin on her face, the smile of success.

I rolled my eyes. She flew into the passenger seat, robbed the aux cord, and started blaring Kansas - the band - and I sighed. There was no point in arguing.

I drove her to Dave's, a small little diner that served the best bacon cheeseburgers - my favorites - and the best coffee, which was Jax's love.

"So hit me. Who is it?" I asked Jax, and she swirled her spoon in her cup of coffee, mixed the cream.

She grinned at me over the edge of the cup, and slowly brought her caramel macchiato to her lipstick red lips.

"I wonder who it is, hmm?" she said, and calmly swiped her tongue over her top lip.

To my surprise, my lower stomach clenched as she watched me seductively, beaming at my reaction. Tearing my eyes away, I took a bite out of my untouched burger. Maybe I was feeling sick today.

"I'm not feeling well. I'm ready to go home when you are."

Jax sighed and finished her coffee while I finished my burger. I put some money in the bill, tipped the very attractive male waiter, and we hopped in my car.

My phone buzzed with a text. I hoped it wasn't my ex.

Are you a hacker?

What the hell? I showed the number to Jax and she shrugged, not knowing who it was. I shoved my phone in my pocket and drove Jax home, the car silent. She sat with her legs pulled up to her, and the seatbelt squeezed her chest in a way that made me a tad uncomfortable.

What was going on today? The strange text, and my strange behavior?

I rolled to a stop at Jax's home and she unbuckled her seatbelt. "Hey you," she said, and I turned to look at her, caught completely off-guard as she landed a warm, soft, kiss on my lips.

"Hey!"

She licked her lips, as if to lick off coffee but instead tasting me. She winked. "Sorry, you looked so cute I couldn't help myself." She climbed out and closed the door carefully, skipping away and waving at the door before vanishing inside.

I gingerly touched my lips before driving away. Whatever. I'd deal with it tomorrow. First off, time to do some hacking to find out who my mysterious texter was.

Are you a hacker?

Well, not exactly. I prefer the term...computer specialist.

A/N: Jax x Rin? Is it going to be canon?? Rax? JaxRin? Who is the mysterious texter? What does Rin mean by "computer specialist"? Find out next update!! XD