Chapter 23.

Jackson's POV.

Anger. So much of it. All clogging my common sense. I don't even think I'm properly paying attention to the road as I speed down the pavement. I don't care at this point, though, the searing rage running through my veins is too much. I need to release it.

I screech to a sudden stop, eyeing the jam packed house. Whoever decided having a party on a Sunday night is beyond me, but at this point it's in my favor. It'll be easier to find the fucker that's touched what's mine. My feet hit the concrete as soon as my door opens, the sound of it slamming resonating through the darkness.

"Where's Tame?" I grab James by the collar, my words coming out hostile.

"He's in the back," he furrows his eyebrows. I let go of him, ready to feel the pain in my hands. "What are you doing here, Long?"

I shake my head, weaving myself through the mass of bodies as I make my way towards the back door. James still follows me, spouting out shit that I can't understand and don't care to.

I see the male right away, my body going rigid as I step in front of him. By the smug look on his face, I can tell he knows why I'm here. I really hope he's still smiling when I bash his face in with my fist.

Last night when I ran off to Brinley to have her help me with Nathan, he showed up shortly after. After lots of talking and threats, he said he wouldn't touch Brittni. I stupidly took his word for it, but hearing from my girlfriend that he didn't fulfill his agreement is like a slap in the face. No going easy on him now.

"How's it going, Long?" He smiles, trying to hide it by sipping from his cup. He may be slightly intoxicated, but he'll feel every injury I inflict on him. There's no doubt about that.

"We made a deal," I say through clenched teeth, my fists tightening. I can feel the itch to slam my knuckles into him threaten to take over.

"Did we?" He questions innocently. My patience is really hanging on by a strand.

"Don't play games, Tame," I growl. "I know you found Brittni today."

"So?" He raises an eyebrow, a cocky smirk spreading across his lips.

"So," I step closer, my own smirk appearing. "It means this."

He looks confused for the second before I let my first fly towards his face. The snapping sound can be heard for anyone in a ten foot radius.

Brittni's POV.

I drive myself to school Monday, not having talked to Jackson in a while I thought it would be the best. The events on Sunday still haven't been resolved and I honestly don't know why that is. I haven't called him, but for someone who says he loves me and wants to protect me, he surely keeps me waiting.

Things would be different if it weren't for the fact that he didn't come over Sunday to apologize. If he had manned up, I think we would be fine.

I'm mostly hurt by his actions from Saturday. He lied to me about where he was going, and on top of that it was to talk to Brinley. What kind of boyfriend does that? He knows exactly how much I dislike that girl yet he ran off to hang with her. It gets me super frustrated.

As I walk towards the school, I don't see Nikki nor Jackson and I release a breath I didn't know I was holding. Am I relieved or disappointed? I can't quite put my finger. Not that I have much time to dwell on it before I hear Tristen calling my name.

After our little hang out yesterday we've been texting non-stop. We face timed last night and that's where I spilled everything to him. Against my better judgment I was an emotional wreck and I really needed someone to confide in. Nikki wasn't an option, she can never know about the incidents with Nathan. She's been through enough in her life and I definitely don't want her worrying about a situation that's not hers.