Chapter 2.

I don't know how, but suddenly Nikki falls down, a cry sounding from her throat.

I look over in a panic and see blood dripping from her nose and a football not to far from where she lay.

I hurriedly crouch down next to her and try to move her hand, but she won't budge.

I'm about to scream for help when suddenly Adam shows up.

"Are you okay, Nikki?" He asks, fake concern coating his words.

I slightly shove him out of the way and am toppled to the right by her brother.

Oh my gosh!

"Who threw it?" Nikki asks through the blood on her lips. Gross.

"Colten," Jackson hesitantly says with a sigh. And in 1...2...

"Get off!" She demands and pushes us away, I stand to my feet and let Jackson handle her.

She doesn't get far when she falls back down due to blood loss.

"Would you calm down?" Jackson sounds angry and annoyed.

It's always strange when I see him angry because he's always on the humouress side. Always cracking jokes and getting on people's nerves. With Nikki it's different, he's more caring than usual and mad.

"Adam and I are going to take you to the hospital," Jackson says and places his arms beneath Nikki's legs and back, carrying her.

"Oh hell no," I shake my head, but Jackson gives me the evil eye before I can say anything to Nikki. Bitch.

We all stand there and watch as Jackson, Adam and Nikki drive away.

"Are they gone?" Colten asks from behind me, looking scared.

I smack him on the back of the head and he curses. "What the hell is your problem?"

"I didn't mean to hit her," he holds his hands up in defense.

"Oh right," I scowl. "And the ball just so happened to miscalculate and head straight towards Nikki!"

"Pretty much," he nods.

"You know she already hates you right?" I cross my arms and his eyes dart down to my breasts that are covered by a shirt. "Eyes up here."

He does so and then plays it off. "Yes, of course I know she hates me, but I don't think that can get any worse."

"Really? You actually believe that?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Yes," he nods.

"Alright," I suck in a breath and turn around to head back to my team.

He's too idiot for me.

•••

"Mm..." I moan, my fingers tangling in his thick brown hair.

His lips trail down my neck to the spot underneath my ear, sucking harshly to form a love bite.

"Nate..." I gasp and raise my hips to meet his.

It's getting a little heated and I know if I let this go on I'll be close to what I don't want right yet.

That's why I'm thankful for when my phone starts ringing.

"I should get that," I move away from his lips, but he tries to place them on my own.

"Just leave it," Nathan whispers and nibbles on my bottom lip. I give in for a minute, because he's a really good kisser, and then realize what I need to do.