Chapter 28.

Jackson's POV.

"I don't know, man," I run a hand through my hair. "She was acting weird."

"Maybe there's something going on with her mom?" James suggests.

After dropping Brittni off at home, I immediately drove to James'. Colten isn't here right now, but even if he was I have a feeling he wouldn't be talking much. He's another person that has been acting odd lately. Actually, almost everyone in my family is. Nikki, Colten and brittni. I didn't notice that until now, really.

"Nah," I dismiss. "She doesn't get along with her mom."

I guess I shouldn't say that, they could've resolved issues they've had without me knowing, but I doubt that. Brittni tells me that shit so I would know.

"Oh my god!" James sits up, his eyes wide as he turns to me.

"What?" I narrow my eyes at him, slightly spooked by his sudden boisterous voice.

"I meant to tell you something," he says more calm.

"And what's that?"

He laughs, well, giggles. "I fucked Angelique the other night."

I stare at him with a blank face. He got all worked up for...that?

Angelique Boiden, a good lay at our school. I never personally got into bed with her, but I've heard she's pretty good. It disgusts me now thinking about all my past one night stands. I can't imagine being with anyone besides Brittni now.

"That's fucking sick," I roll my eyes.

Unlike me, my friends have not stopped their player ways. I don't mind hearing about it, but I definitely don't partake in anything having to do with sex. In order for that to happen I'd have to talk about Brittni and I's sex which I'd rather die than do. I'll gladly kill any man that becomes familiar with that aspect of her.

Tristen is the only guy I know about, but that doesn't mean anything. I don't think I ever did ask Brittni about past hook ups, but now that I'm thinking about it, I feel like I should.

The thought angers me.

James snorts. "Only to you, you're so pússy whipped it should be illegal."

"Shut the fuck up," I roll my eyes. "Once you settle down, you'll understand."

"Yeah right," James laughs. "I definitely won't be doing that anytime soon."

I sigh. "Suit yourself."

There's a long pause as both of us watch the tv, the recent football game being replayed. I make sure to study everything that these guys do in hopes that it'll help me get into better colleges.

Speaking of that, "So you'll be hooking up like this when you leave for university too?"

He turns to me, looking confused. "I'd rather do that than be tied down to someone here. I don't do relationships much less long distance."

I haven't even thought about that, but frankly, I don't want to.

"Do you wanna order a pizza?"

Brittni's POV.

Think, Brittni, freaking think? He's probably wondering why you're hesitating!

"Like I said earlier," I clear my throat, picking at my tub of yogurt. "Jackson was getting old."

I can see the suspicion and skepticism in his eyes, but I don't care. He'd be stupid to let me go when I'm willingly giving myself to him.

"Just say it, Brit," he leans forward, a cocky smirk on his lips.