Chapter 18.

Major smutt in this chapter!!! Beware!

"So why is James throwing this party and not Jackson?" Nikki asks as I drive towards the party.

Jackson and James had claimed that this entire party was for my birthday, but I don't really believe that's true. It's okay, not like I have much experience with parties anyway.

It was only about two days ago that Nikki and I started talking again. She had come up to me before school started and had forgiven me, saying she'd give it a try. I know that she still gets pretty disgusted when Jackson and I do something lovey-dovey so we try to keep that on the down low.

"Jackson's helping," I roll my eyes. "I guess his house is bigger, but I think that's just an excuse for not wanting to clean the mess."

I wouldn't doubt that's the reason. Jackson loves his parties as much as the next person, but just like everyone else, he doesn't like cleaning up after them. And since we had a party last Friday at his house, I think he's pooped out from cleaning.

Nikki laughs. "Probably."

"I don't mind," I shrugs, pulling up to the house. "I'm not used to having a birthday party anyway."

"That's not true," Nikki shakes her head, thoughtfully. "You had that huge blow out when you turned five."

I turn to her, giving a 'are-you-kidding-me?' look.

"Okay," Nikki gives in. "But this is you're sixteenth birthday, it means something!"

"I know," I reply, truthfully. "I just wish my mother would put as much thought into me as you and Jackson."

"You and me both, sister," She sighs.

My mother had gotten me a car for my birthday. It's a nice white Ford Focus and as much as I love it, I really didn't want to except it. She's been pretty much vacant for the last few of my birthdays and now she's buying me a car as some sort of...compromise. I guess for sleeping with my ex-boyfriend and shït.

"Okay, no more sulking, let's go party!" I cheer and we get out of the car.

Once we get inside, it's a huge difference than the cold October air. Sweaty bodies mash together grossly and couples make out against walls and couches. I shouldn't be complaining when Jackson and I probably look the same.

"There's Jackson!" I shout over the music, pointing to my boyfriend who is on a couch talking to his friends.

I start heading over to him.  He looks extraordinarily hot  sitting in his dark jeans and white v-neck. What doesn't he look good in? Like honestly, he makes me look like a slob.

"You're not drinking tonight right?" He asks as soon as we get over to him. He's talking to Nikki.

"Nope."

Nikki doesn't stick around long, she ends up walking out towards another group of our friends. Jackson pulls me to him, my chest pressed tightly against his.

"How are you enjoying your birthday?" He asks for what seems like the millionth time.

He had gotten me a few gifts through the day. Chocolates, a teddy bear, lunch and now this party. Even if this isn't a birthday party celebrating me, I still appreciate the gesture.