Chapter 8

Joker went out early this morning. I had wrapped up my body in bandages where it hurt, I hissed through the pain and put on a brave face. I walked into the basement, or Joker's lair as I liked to call it. I crept down the stairs carefully, you never knew when it came to me. I would trip and hurt myself even more and I needed strength to end him. 

I had no idea how exactly but at least I was sure it would happen. He needed to die, there was no other choice. Joker ruined everything he touched, everything his eyes met turned to ash and all he breathed on lost it's sense of life. He's taken so many lives I'd have lost count already. Joker wasn't who I fell in love with, that was a trick. I should've seen it coming. 

When my feet met the cold ground I looked around. Metal shelves stood lined against the wall with metal crates everywhere. I walked over to his desk and sat in his throne, it disgusted me. The armrest was made of his enemies bones. How sick was that? 

I bit my lip studying the desk, the draw with the lock caught my attention. I tried to open it to see it was locked, I sat back against the chair. My eyes scanned the desk, thinking hard. I leaned forward again and touched my hands under the metal plate, I moved my finger along it's length. My finger met a bump and I picked the tape there, pulling out a small silver key. 

"So smart yet so stupid" I said to the empty room. Joker really wasn't that clever was he? I inserted the key into the lock, praying it was a match. I was correct. The lock clicked and the draw popped open, I pulled it out further and picked up the first case my hands touched. I read the red print written against the brown paper 

Ajax

This should be it, surely. I thought, what else could it be if Joker was planning this with Ajax right? I opened it and began reading, I came upon pictures of girls, younger than me and some even my age as I read on. I noticed Carmen and gasped, her face was stained with blood and her brown hair a mess around her beat up face. Beside her was a number and one word that chilled me to the bone. 

Exhibit 23- SOLD

Bile rose in my throat and I tried my best to keep it down, hate and anger mixed with disgust. She wasn't an exhibit, none o these girls were. They were HUMAN, unlike Joker. I wouldn't let him do this, I took out a phone Ivy gave me at the club and took a picture of the screen, sending it straight to Bat. I told him to get on it right now, and to leave Joker to me. I found the location of the transfer and send that along to him. 

Suddenly I hear the car engine pull up above me. I closed the draw and locked it, "Harlene!" I heard him call. I got up and walked up the stairs, walking around the bend making it look like I came from the kitchen. 

"Hello Love" I greeted walking over to kiss him, my mouth burned. After he was gone I'd have to bleach my lips to feel clean again. My whole body even. He gripped my sore waist and held me to him, kissing my lips roughly. I didn't want to let his tongue in but I had no choice, he couldn't expect anything was off with me, my plan would fail and Ivy would lose her life. That I wouldn't allow. Ever. 

He finally pulled away, staring down at me so sickly and lovingly. If I was younger he would fool me into thinking he really did love me, but it was just a sick thought now. "I missed you" he breathed against my face, I smiled seductively. "Show me how much you missed me then, come on" I said tugging his shirt towards the stairs, he grinned at me. 

Sadistic. 

"Oh I have a surprise for you Harley, I'll take you there tomorrow" he said following me. "What is it love?" I asked curiously, he laughed. "Something I know you'll enjoy watching" was all he said. Something told me I really wouldn't. 

Tomorrow I'd find out just how right I was...

A/N- Sorry Unicorns for no updates in a while, I was in the city for a while and had to take care of business, (I'm not a drug dealer or a gang leader). Anywhore I am back and updating as much as I can. This is nearing an end unfortunately as it's a short experiment but I want to thank you all so much for the love. Leave a comment on how you like it so far, vote and do whatever you want really. Much love, 

-D