Chapter 3

Hello Unicorns, finally this is the not so sad chapter, finally involving Ivy and Harley. Leave a comment, vote, I'd really appreciate it. If you got any tips, please do inbox me, 

Love D.

I knocked onto the door of Ivy's place, the sirens echoed outside, a nightly occurrence in Gotham. I pulled my leather jacket tighter to my body, attempting to block some body warmth. A minute after my knuckle hit the door again, it swung open. 

I threw myself at her, she caught me in her arms and held me tightly as I held onto her. She kicked the door shut and waddled us over to the worn out couch. She sat down, me straddling her lap. She stroked my hair, then twirled my pigtail. 

Ivy's touch soothed me, when Joker's burned her's eased my pain. 

I cried internally for a while, eventually gathering my self when I realised I had limited time with Ivy before Joker demanded me back. I pulled back and looked down at her beautiful face, framed by a crazy mess of blood red hair, freckles speckled across her small nose and lips pink and full. 

"Hey Ivy" I said managing a small smile, she rubbed her nose against mine. "Hey Doll" she said using my nickname, "Jokers expecting me to be on time, make sure you don't distract me too much". She smiled but I could see through it, the void in her eyes whenever I mentioned the monster that kept us from being together. Stripped us both of our happiness. "Has anything happened since the last time I saw you?" she asked watching my face closely. I shook my head not trusting my voice, afraid it would give me away. 

She stood up and I stood before her, confused and worried of what she'd do. She looked down my body, like she had x-ray vision and could see through the layers of bullshit. "Take off your top Doll" she ordered, I smirked, "You wanna make love right now?". Her face didn't shift, didn't brighten up a shade. She wasn't playing today. 

"Take the shirt off Harley" she repeated with more authority in her voice. I gripped the bottom of my shirt and lifted it up over my head. Bundling it up in my hands, covering my hip. She snatched it from my grasp and I flinched slightly, I had to look down at the wooden floor, I couldn't look her in the eyes. 

I felt the cold of her hand on my bruised hip, she was so gentle with me. Then again I was only used to gentle with her. She tipped my chin up, so my eyes gazed into hers, "What did he do?" she asked. "He was drunk the other night and pushed me into the room, grabbed me a little too har-".

Suddenly Ivy's lips were on mine cutting out my words, I kissed her back with the same intensity and passion as she me. Ivy's kisses were truly poison, they made you want to fall asleep and dream them over and over again. A beautiful nightmare, one I wished I could play on repeat. I liked to think this was my life, that there was no Joker, no demon eating me away. It was just Ivy and I, here in her loft. 

Endless cuddles and Poison kisses...

Ivy broke our kiss, resting her forehead against mine. "Let me speak to Bat", I froze and pulled back. "Ivy no, you know Joker and Bat are rivalling gangs, if Bat as much as came close to me even, bad things would happen" I explained. 

Joker was a gang leader; The Killers were ruthless and cold. Bat was Ivy's good friend, like a brother. He too was a gang leader but a little different. The Dark Knights were good, they worked to make Gotham safer. They were enemies. I made the mistake of asking Joker about Bat, he went furious. He said I was in love with Bat, I couldn't go to sleep that night. My broken rib a difficulty to breathing properly. 

"You know Bat could kill him Ivy, he'd smarter, stronger and has more money" . I shook my head not wanting to continue this talk. "Let's make the most of the time we have together, make me forget him Ivy". 

She smiled and kissed my nose. 

"I'm in love with you Ivy".

"And I am in love with you my Doll".